Injector leaking diesel into crankcase... - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Injector leaking diesel into crankcase...

Once again i have a bad injector thats leaking diesel into the crankcase. Guess ill have to run her with the valve covers off and see which one it is... 2nd time on my lb7. Maybe this winter ill swap to the lbz

Mod List: 06 HOOD and Grill, EFI Live, 8" Fabtech, 37 toyo MT's, 22" TTIS, 4.56 gears front and rear, 3" Insynerator turbo pipe, 4" Down pipe, 5" Magnaflow, SDP EGR delete, AFE Blade Runner MP, AFE Metal Intake, Transgo Jr, Pump rub fix, Sleeves, 140 GPH lift pump, Nicktane adapter, Cat 1R-0749 filter, Hobbs pressure switch, Glow shift gauges, NNBS Seats, Jack Rabbit Flush bed cover, PCV reroute, LB7 up pipe, Allison deep pan
Bfox111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

just pull the glowplugs....undo bail harness so it wont start and whichever one is leaking you will see fuel come out the the holes when its being cranked over..

Have you read the balance rates at all? I guess how do you know its an injector and not a return line.

Sponsored by Creatures of the Night Performance and SDP
--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Tuned and Edge Insight CTS
jmaz268 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfox111 View Post
.....I have a bad injector that's leaking diesel into the crankcase.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaz268 View Post
just pull the glowplugs....undo bail harness so it wont start and whichever one is leaking you will see fuel come out the the holes when its being cranked over.......
Huh...?? ^^^
That will not show which injector (Or return line seal) is leaking fuel into the oil.

The glow plug trick is only to find an injector that is dumping excess fuel into the Cylinder.

Bfox111, I think you will have to pull the valve covers like you were planning. - if you do, would you mind taking a video so we can all see where it is leaking?

I have only seen this one time, (On a video) and I am interested in seeing exactly where the leak developed.

Thanks, and Good Luck!
JoeSmith21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011, 04:33 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Will do Joe! Probably wont be till late next week though because im in the middle of an h23 to h22 vtec swap in my prelude. Ill keep you updated when i get a chance.

Mod List: 06 HOOD and Grill, EFI Live, 8" Fabtech, 37 toyo MT's, 22" TTIS, 4.56 gears front and rear, 3" Insynerator turbo pipe, 4" Down pipe, 5" Magnaflow, SDP EGR delete, AFE Blade Runner MP, AFE Metal Intake, Transgo Jr, Pump rub fix, Sleeves, 140 GPH lift pump, Nicktane adapter, Cat 1R-0749 filter, Hobbs pressure switch, Glow shift gauges, NNBS Seats, Jack Rabbit Flush bed cover, PCV reroute, LB7 up pipe, Allison deep pan
Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Subscribing. I had the same problem about 6 months ago and had to get it fixed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2006 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited

2xxx Dmax - loading ...

SOLD - 2003 Silverado CCSB LB7, stock (for now), PPE Boost Valve, Hypertech Power Programmer III, GN, 285/75R16E BFG A/T's.
03Duramax4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 04:50 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Well guys it ended up being an injector feed line. I got lucky this time!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Yes you did get lucky!

Did it start leaking out of the blue, or did someone have it apart recently?

DuraTitus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.