Emissions LB7 Cali truck or not. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Red face Emissions LB7 Cali truck or not.

"There should be a large block of three digit codes in the glovebox. If one of them reads YF5 then it is CA emissions."

Ive searched and came up with this answer trying to find out how to tell if my truck has the Cali emissions. Its an 04 LB7. I have looked at the truck and the sticker is apparently missing from the truck. From what I have gathered from other post is if the truck has a vacuum pump it has the egr. The check engine lite has came on and im getting an EGR censor code. So i guess long story short it is safe to assume that my truck has the EGR?

Next question is can I block the EGR remove the vacuum pump and use a belt form a LLY. Sorry to sound like a dummy but I couldnt find any clear cut answers in searching.
TXRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 08:28 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRIDER View Post
"There should be a large block of three digit codes in the glovebox. If one of them reads YF5 then it is CA emissions."

Ive searched and came up with this answer trying to find out how to tell if my truck has the Cali emissions. Its an 04 LB7. I have looked at the truck and the sticker is apparently missing from the truck. From what I have gathered from other post is if the truck has a vacuum pump it has the egr. The check engine lite has came on and im getting an EGR censor code. So i guess long story short it is safe to assume that my truck has the EGR?

Next question is can I block the EGR remove the vacuum pump and use a belt form a LLY. Sorry to sound like a dummy but I couldnt find any clear cut answers in searching.
Go by your local Stealership and ask one of the service writers to look the build sheet up on your truck. It will give all the standard and origional options along with the GM factory code next to it (eg: Duramax Diesel: LB7, CA Emissions: YF5)

Just give them your vin and they should do it for you. If not, shoot me a PM with your vin and I'll call a buddy at the Chevy Dealership I use to work at and get him to look it up and email it...
|4.5" on 34's|18" Moto Metal 961's|PPE 160 Tune|S&B CAI|5" Straight Pipe w/ 7" Tip|Ported/Polished Intake Horn|PPE BIV|PPE CP3 Fitting|Autometer Cobalt Boost/Pyro|Sleeves|Bushwackers|Kenwood 2xDin|Headrest DVDs|Boston Components|10's, JL 500/1 & 300/4|Black Halo Projectors w/ 6k/8k HIDs|Billet Grille|5% Tint|'03+ LED Tail Lights|Clifford Security System|Valentine One
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
Lifetime Supporting Member

look at the pass side up pipe if it has an elbo it's emissions if it goes straight from manifold to turbo without any turn offs it non emissions
SoCal Cam
Mahle Forged Pistons .040 ovr
Hamilton Rods
Floor it pump
Dipper sticks
ATS Trans/CoPilot/TC
Other Stuff...
seth999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2011, 10:12 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I was wondering the same thing, I just installed a 5" straight pipe turbo back exhaust and my stock exhaust did not have a cat. I just had a muffler and i'm 100% sure it is a stock exhaust. When i take my truck to the CA inspection wouold they know that my truck did not come with a cat? sorry for being such a noob.
06Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Is it possible for the truck to have a cat but no egr? I have a cat on my truck but the exhaust doesn't elbow it goes right to the turbo and I don't have a vacuum pump but I do have the three yf5 in my glove box
Haney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.