2001 oil cooler O-rings leaking - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

2001 oil cooler O-rings leaking

Hey guys ive a question about my friends 2001 LB7, it has leaking oil cooler o-rings and i need to locate the oil cooler and where its leaking..so have any of you guys repaired this or know where ill find this in the engine bay? i havent looked at it yet but will be tommorow. so im looking for a little info before i takle this

Thanks
Brandon
2004.5 Chevy CCSB LT2. Black, 6" tuff country ez ride. 35-12.50r16 Toyo MT. AMP Fourty one-2 wheels painted black. Bilstein 5100's. AMP research elec. steps. 4" MBRP Turbo Back w/5" tip. pcv re-route, modded air box, EFI Live! DSP5 powered by Edge insight CTS...EGR blocked. Viper remote start and alarm. Custom built bumper by CountryBoy2500, with 3000k HID's and Hella 500's. 5000k HID's in lows. Raptor lined rocker panels. Tinted to match and tow mirrors. Energy Suspension Poly bushings. 9 speaker J&L audio setup

coming soon..NBS cab lights
Bransjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

the oil cooler is part of the oil filter housing.

Sponsored by Creatures of the Night Performance and SDP
--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Tuned and Edge Insight CTS
jmaz268 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

ok. so when these leak are there several? just one? eaasy to get to?
2004.5 Chevy CCSB LT2. Black, 6" tuff country ez ride. 35-12.50r16 Toyo MT. AMP Fourty one-2 wheels painted black. Bilstein 5100's. AMP research elec. steps. 4" MBRP Turbo Back w/5" tip. pcv re-route, modded air box, EFI Live! DSP5 powered by Edge insight CTS...EGR blocked. Viper remote start and alarm. Custom built bumper by CountryBoy2500, with 3000k HID's and Hella 500's. 5000k HID's in lows. Raptor lined rocker panels. Tinted to match and tow mirrors. Energy Suspension Poly bushings. 9 speaker J&L audio setup

coming soon..NBS cab lights
Bransjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

its pretty confined back there.

Sponsored by Creatures of the Night Performance and SDP
--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Tuned and Edge Insight CTS
jmaz268 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

There is a TSB for this. Mine also leaks here. I went to my dealers sister store and the GM techs acted like they had never heard of this issue. TSB is number 02-06-01-023F. Looks like replace the orings and apply some grey sealer to the orings before install.

Warranty pays 1.5 so even at customer pay rates thats only 2.1. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Looks like take the filter off then the bolts for the cooler to the coolant pipe. Then the bolts to the block. Hoping to tackle this and the water pump next week on mine. May also replace the bad glow plugs since I will have it tore apart some.
FordTechChase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Did you ever get this fixed, mine is leaking for the top o-ring and I am decideding if I am going to nut up and do myself or if it's cheaper/less headache to pay.
Gregaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.