Injector Problems - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 12:25 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Injector Problems

Want to know if there is a good site to see a breakdown of the Duramax. I just put my 02 in the shop, drained 6 gallons of deisel from the crankcase and trying to figure out where it came from. Dealer says injectors are bad. Any information appreciated.
Wild Indian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2007, 02:23 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?

Idont really know of any site like you speek of other than alldatadiy.com but you have to pay a subscription to get the info for 1 year!

But with out a doubt you do have a few bad injectors!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:37 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Dealer is probably right.

My '03 was in the shop for another issue. Tech ran a computer check on my injectors with his laptop. 2 were marginal so he replaced all 8 under warranty. When I saw the paper work, it noted that the customer complaint was fuel in oil.

I believe there is a 200,000 mile warranty on the injectors. Might be a real good idea to sit down and have a talk with your dealer. Didn't cost me anything to have mine done. 182,000 miles on the odometer. Can't really tell if it runs any better but glad to have the new and improved injectors.

Help out the technician who is going to do the work. Take it in the night before and let them have a cool engine to work on. If I were in his shoes, I'd greatly appreciate that.

Check the coolant level often for the first few days until all the air burps out of the cooling system.

Technician seems to think that folks who use their truck hard, pull loads and work them have far fewer problems with injectors than the folks who baby their DuraMax.

By the way.......... A DuraMax won't run on antifreeze. Had someone add a couple of gallons of green to my fuel tank. Was running up the road and the water in fuel light came on about 15 seconds before the engine stopped. Drained it out, replaced the fuel filters (yes got a fuel water seperator ahead of the factory filter) Didn't seem to cause any harm/damage to the injectors. Ran rough for a few minutes but rather than tow it, drove it home and changed filters again. This was at around 90,000 miles.
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

When having the dealer replace your injectors(under warranty) are they new injectors, new and improved, or are they actually the same thing he is pulling out?

Thanks,
Chris Zimmerman
zman77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Administrator

I believe they are remanufactured or referbished. They are still the same design.
TST Powermax Programmer, Diablosport Predator
305/70-16 BFG T/A KOs on Eagle Alloys Series 187
Clifford remote start. High Idle, Bilstein 5100s, 1.5" lift blocks
CAT fuel filter w/ nicktane adapter
Magnum Force Stage 2 intake with AMSOIL filter
Racor 2 Micron pre-OEM with heater & water sep
Lightforce 140s from Madjackracing
http://WWW.ATPTRUCKS.COM/
ob_1jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman77 View Post
When having the dealer replace your injectors(under warranty) are they new injectors, new and improved, or are they actually the same thing he is pulling out?

Thanks,
Chris Zimmerman
They are new/refurb. 01-03 lb7 are covered under 200k/7year warranty
2002 Chevy Suburban
1996 GMC Jimmy SLT
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
If this great nation cannot summon the will, the determination and the fortitude to persevere, then we shall forever be damned by the heroic dead who gave their last full measure of devotion; by all those who served & sacrificed in this noble cause.
sfcjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 08:37 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Bad Injectors

My 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel currently has 87,000 miles, I have had to replace the injectors 3 times, the last set lasted only 5600 miles. No one can explain or give me a rational answer as to why, have had it suggested fuel in CA is bad for this engine? Filter has been changed regularly & the truck is extremely well maintained! Any input on why this keeps happening??? PLEASE PLEASE, ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
lmantwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 09:06 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmantwell View Post
My 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel currently has 87,000 miles, I have had to replace the injectors 3 times, the last set lasted only 5600 miles. No one can explain or give me a rational answer as to why, have had it suggested fuel in CA is bad for this engine? Filter has been changed regularly & the truck is extremely well maintained! Any input on why this keeps happening??? PLEASE PLEASE, ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
You could have something internal causing your problem, bad seats or something else, I am using a aftermarket fuel filter that filters @ the 2 micron level, when my injectors were replaced at 157k, they were full of crud, dirty fuel = crud.
2002 Chevy Suburban
1996 GMC Jimmy SLT
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
If this great nation cannot summon the will, the determination and the fortitude to persevere, then we shall forever be damned by the heroic dead who gave their last full measure of devotion; by all those who served & sacrificed in this noble cause.
sfcjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

GM needs to back their products!

I have had this truck to 3 different Authorized Chevy Dealers and none of them can figure out why this keeps happening? Apparently Chevy knew there was a problem with these injectors so they extended the warranty to 200,00 miles on the Vin 1 LB7 motor. Unfortunately now they are splitting hairs and say they won't cover mine after 100,00. I'm not quite sure because according to the bulletin it should be covered. I am so at witts end. I have never heard of a Diesel not lasting 100,00 miles!
lmantwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2007, 03:44 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

my 01 has one bad injector and i think one more is going bad. I tried talking to a few local dealers and they tell me the only warranty was a 5 year on the injector pump only. I told them there is a warranty on the injectors and they say no so is there anywhere i can get the statement in print about the warranty. Also im in northeast ohio if anyone has had there injectors replaced around here let me know where. If i cant get them to done how much work is it to replace them myself
hurley986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.