Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Fuel in Oil

38K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Brad Randolph 
#1 ·
:help 02 Duramax LB7
Just changed my oil and it had about 5 gallons in it, compared to the full amount of 2.5 gallons. Very thin and smells like diesel.
My first guess was the injectors but they are fairly new 50hp industrials. Any other ideas of what it could be??

#4 ·
It sounds like your injectors are toasted same thing happened to my 02 lb7 started running like a dog got home parked and next I know all the oil and about 5 gallon of diesel mix was everywhere and the cause was the injectors

#9 ·
When injectors are worn, they leak fuel and that fuel winds up in the crankcase and dilutes the oil. Common problem for the LB7 engine. Suggest you look in the LB7 section of this Forum and read several pages of injector problems.

Sorry, it should not happen, but that is the facts.

#10 ·
The thing to that is I just put a head gasket in it a month ago (3k miles) and sent the injectors off to have them checked at Industrail Injection, so I don't know how they could be already messed up, but I guess anything's possible with MY LUCK!

#11 ·
A leaking line could do the same thing, if you pull the valve covers, you may find a line loose or cracked.

#12 ·
Could be a leaking return line, maybe one of the banjo bolts didn't get in right. If they actually checked your injectors, I would bet it would be a leaking line.

#16 ·
Wow, I would be calling I.I. right away!

#17 ·
sorry about you luck bro, just wondering if you changed you nozzles or bought them complete. i have seen similar cracks from over torquing them. good luck i hope II takes care of you.

#19 ·
They took care of them, didn't get in any hurry to get them done, nor would they help me out with labor. I asked them to upgrade the nozzles to 100hp for all my time and $ in labor, but the refused. For as little as that takes I would think they could help me out a little more.

#20 ·
Glad you got it fixed it sucks there not helping you out or upgrading them for you...

#21 ·
either your injectors could b going bad or you ran your oil way past do dont b afraid until your next oil change and make sure you listen to your motor and if it is running ok you should b fine what is ur oil pressure running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.