Luke Warm Heat? - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 AM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)
كافر
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd05lly View Post
Center of dash at floor. Is it blowing cool left and right?
If so I would check coolant first take bleeder screw out till coolant comes out. Heat is first thing you lose when low.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Blows luke warm out both left and right vents, seem to be same temp. Will try bleeder screw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post
Either clamp and unhook heater hoses going to the core In the firewall or grab a couple flushing "t"s and flush the core. It will help out tons. Dam dexcool gunks everything up
Ok, will flush the heater core too.

Thanks for the ideas guys, looks like this weekend going to be busy in the garage.
LBZ CCSB 4x4. sealed. blocked. re-routed. shimmed. EFI by Kory 4" MBRP downpipe-back. Alligator trans cooler hoses. 3" Pro-Fab downpipe. Transgo Jr. Banks ram air intake. MA pump rub fix. Rare Parts tie rods. Fumoto Valve. AirDog 150. Nicktane CAT filter adapter.

http://performancetruckproducts.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
You know the real problem is not Obama
It's the millions who put him in office and twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Smith
"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."
ty_LBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:06 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)
كافر

Update

Borrowed a temp gun from work, we use these to read electric motors, after driving back from work, I turned the heater full on and measured above the thermostat housing, I got 145*F on heater hose, upper radiator hose also about 143*. I figure the thermostats are gummed up, or have there's a bypass hole in the thermostat that won't allow the engine to get up to 180ish. Going to replace thermostat and flush the heater core this weekend, hopefully I'll be sweating thru winter after that.
LBZ CCSB 4x4. sealed. blocked. re-routed. shimmed. EFI by Kory 4" MBRP downpipe-back. Alligator trans cooler hoses. 3" Pro-Fab downpipe. Transgo Jr. Banks ram air intake. MA pump rub fix. Rare Parts tie rods. Fumoto Valve. AirDog 150. Nicktane CAT filter adapter.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post
Either clamp and unhook heater hoses going to the core In the firewall or grab a couple flushing "t"s and flush the core. It will help out tons. Dam dexcool gunks everything up
Actually, Dex by itself is fine, it's just when you mix it with certain other green/yellow brands it may cause it to "gunk up". Not all other brands are compatable with Dex, be careful, read the label if mixing with another product, better yet, just don't mix it with anything else.
2004.5 GMC SLT 4X4 CCLB LLY Ally, EFI Live V2 & DSP5 by Rob, trans by Mike L, Magnaflow DP, Ride Rites, LBZ turbo inlet mod, AD II 165, po' man CAI, HIDs, stock height, Cognito tie rods, Bilstein 5100s, Isspros, H2 wheels with Toyo OC 285-70-17s, B&W turnover & Companion, Prodigy P3, dog snot on windows......

Sent from my antique HP DV7-4183cl with Radeon HD5470 graphics, Beats Audio and Blu-ray drive.....
ALLY Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
كافر

Changing out the thermostats helped, heater is warmer. Might fab up some ghetto winter front covers for the mornings.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.