brake booster leaking???? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

brake booster leaking????

I just replaced my brake booster cuz I was leaking PS fluid from between the brake booster and MC. When I was putting the new booster back on, one of the o-rings from the pressure lines fell off and I couldn't find it. I replaced it and put it all back together but now I'm still leaking PS fluid from where the hard line goes into the booster, not as much as before but it's still pissing me off. Any ideas of what I can do to stop the leaking? I read somewhere that replacing PS fluid with synthetic ATF would help stop the leaking What do you guys think? Thanks.
Edge CTS Insight
EGR Blocked
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
DDM HID 4500k lows/3000k fogs
Leveled on Bilstein 5100s
Rare Parts Xtreme Duty Tie Rods
285 BFG All Terrains
jesselb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Dino or Syn, shouldn't matter. You sure you have the right replacement?
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselb7 View Post
I just replaced my brake booster cuz I was leaking PS fluid from between the brake booster and MC. When I was putting the new booster back on, one of the o-rings from the pressure lines fell off and I couldn't find it. I replaced it and put it all back together but now I'm still leaking PS fluid from where the hard line goes into the booster, not as much as before but it's still pissing me off. Any ideas of what I can do to stop the leaking? I read somewhere that replacing PS fluid with synthetic ATF would help stop the leaking What do you guys think? Thanks.

How hard was it to do? The 03 I just picked up has a slight leak between the hydro boost and the master cyl as well. Did you just buy a rebuild kit or replace the boost?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

If it is still leaking, replace the hose. The hydro perates on high pressure-- changing to a different fluid will not help.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 04:05 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em_Horns! View Post
Dino or Syn, shouldn't matter. You sure you have the right replacement?
I'm pretty sure its the right part. Everything bolted right on and fit correctly, except for the stupid leak... haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
How hard was it to do? The 03 I just picked up has a slight leak between the hydro boost and the master cyl as well. Did you just buy a rebuild kit or replace the boost?
I just replaced the booster, it wasn't hard, just a PITA. The 4 four bolts going through the firewall and the brake pedal clip were annoying, but besides that its pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1843 View Post
If it is still leaking, replace the hose. The hydro perates on high pressure-- changing to a different fluid will not help.
That makes sense. I figured I would have to do that. Do you happen to know the part # or anything cuz I was looking to see how much it would be but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.
Edge CTS Insight
EGR Blocked
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
DDM HID 4500k lows/3000k fogs
Leveled on Bilstein 5100s
Rare Parts Xtreme Duty Tie Rods
285 BFG All Terrains
jesselb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.