lb7 cali emissions - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAMAHA1 View Post
as far as the cat, never had it. i bought the truck brand new and it never had it. infact this makes me wonder if it has anything for emissions. my truck was one of the first duramaxes in our area. funny thing is just to be an ass i stopped at a stealership here in town that i had problems in the past with and asked them if they had a 4wd, crew cab dually duramax. the f*k'n salesman laughed and said with a cocky attitude " good luck finding that truck, ur just lucky to find a regular cab with the duramax." so on the way back from grabbing my new D-Max dually i stopped at the same dealership. well when i parked it a bunch of salesmen came out to check out the truck, for some of them it was the first crewcab D-Max they had seen in person. when i seen the dumbass sales guy, i rolled down my window and said " f*K this must be my lucky day". rolled up the window and drove away. anyway the look on the guys face when he seen it was me, PRICELESS.
2001 MY truck with LB7 both CA and fed emissions did not have cat nor EGR. Cat and EGR started with the 2002 MY for CA emissions.
GMC '04 2500HD SLE CC D/A LB7 SB Summit White, LineX, Nicktane, JK headlight harness, JK fuel pump and harness, Banks exhaust, EFI Live, intake horn mod, Suncoast 6 speed conversion, injectors at 112,265 (#8 again at 136K), ...and all 8 again at 168,368.
VW '02 Jetta Wagon TDI 6 spd ERF manual, DLC520 Bosio nozzles, Malone stage 2.
VW '01 Bug TDI 6 spd ERF manual, T-4 injectors, Malone stage 2 tuning. My FUN summer driver.
Fuel mileage? Who cares, its a diesel.
audiomixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:15 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I have a 02 with the cali emissions, I want to do away with all of that, pump is making horrible noises now anyway, i bought a blocker plate to go into the exhaust, but what about the relays and the cooler tube? can anyone tell me what i need to do away with all this on the motor and in the exhaust, to be done the best way. dealer will flash the computer to standard emissions if i can remove everything
ftgulal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 04:33 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
Banned

I dont think the dealer will do that...

Best way is to buy a non emissons Y bridge, shorted OEM belt from non emissions 02, and a passenger up pipe to totally delete the EGR. Then tune it to rid the ecm of the CEL's.
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 04:42 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

X2 on what Brian said,....

the heads are also a little different and so is the turbo flange IIRC
EFI by Rob w/DSP 5 / Danville stage 2 68mm turbo/ BigDipper trans with ML converter(built by Todd=Stroke 250) / Raptor 150 / Big Dipper 45% over injectors / Wicked Stage 3 Stroker pump / 4in MBRP dp back to a 6" black Mitre cut stack / 8000K HID Hi/Low / Recon smoked LED tails, cabs, and 3rd brake / Rancho 9000's / DHD Steering brace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmokelb7 View Post
Rather see mama in a whore house then a brother in a dodge
zacwht20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 04:42 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

thanks, will start shopping, any vendors here that would carry everything
Old 05-27-2012, 10:49 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Do not remove the 2nd baro sensor that is behind the fuel filter. It only needs to be electrically connected so the ECM can "see" it. If you remove it you will get a P2227 baro sensor code and your performance will suck. There is no setting in EFI that I'm aware of that will prevent this code should the sensor be removed (from Guy at SoCal diesel). If you remove all of the other solenoids, there are more DTC MIL and test enablers that needs to be set to "Not reported." They are: P0401-P0409, P0489-P0490, P1404,P2141-P2145.
Also B1501 to 300, B1504 to -39 and B1505 to 151 to disable EGR function.
That should do it.

If you are not running a big tune, simply disabling the system is sufficient to stop EGR function since it takes 20lbs of boost to overcome the spring of the vacuum operated EGR valve. Its the cheapest blocker plate you can get. Try this first before you drop coin on up pipes and stuff to remove the cooler. I left my cooler in place along with my EGR valve. Only thing I removed was the pump and solenoids and saved some money in the process.
GMC '04 2500HD SLE CC D/A LB7 SB Summit White, LineX, Nicktane, JK headlight harness, JK fuel pump and harness, Banks exhaust, EFI Live, intake horn mod, Suncoast 6 speed conversion, injectors at 112,265 (#8 again at 136K), ...and all 8 again at 168,368.
VW '02 Jetta Wagon TDI 6 spd ERF manual, DLC520 Bosio nozzles, Malone stage 2.
VW '01 Bug TDI 6 spd ERF manual, T-4 injectors, Malone stage 2 tuning. My FUN summer driver.
Fuel mileage? Who cares, its a diesel.
audiomixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

so i have removed the pump, what do i do with the vacuum lines now, remove or just cap it
Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgulal View Post
so i have removed the pump, what do i do with the vacuum lines now, remove or just cap it
Does it sound better?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 10:34 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

don't wanna hyjack, but how can I pass emissions in Cali for base if I don't have an egr at all or a cat? I have an 04 lly
2006 CCSB LBZ -Cognito 4-6", Kryptonite Front End, Suncoast GMAX6, MA Trans Brace, Pump Rub, Transgo, MagHytec Pans, Magnaflow, Rigid, PPEI Tunes, 305/55 LTZ, 20x10 BMF Novakanes. Waiting to install FPE billet S472, Levi's Blankets, HSP S400 Kit

2004 RCLB ZF6 LLY -SOLD
Billet S472, Southbend DD
2004 CCSB LLY -SOLD
kivetts04dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

Anyone know how to get rid of the EGR and all that without having codes? I know places that can pass emission without looking...

PPE standard & boost valve | Bilstein 5100's | Prosport EGT & boost gauge w/ Autometer dual overhead pod | Pioneer Avic D3
tigermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.