Temporary fuel supply line fix - inexpensive and easy - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 01:38 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I'm gonna be checking my fuel lines when I get home now...
ARP Studs
Built Front End
Need more Air and Fuel
12.830@105.86mph
The S.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Not sure where Marlow is. Im near the lakes in central NH

Dirtymax this, Dirtymax that...
ieetgluu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

So what size rubber line did you use?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieetgluu View Post
So what size rubber line did you use?

I had to replace both the fuel supply and the return lines on mine and I've had no issues with rubber fuel lines collapsing whether I have my lift pump running or not. The supply side is 1/2" ID the whole length except at the fuel sender (you'll need to use 5/8" line there to slip onto the fuel sender). The return line is all 3/8" the entire way (1/2" to go over the fuel sender). Once you get it all down, you'll be shocked how corroded everything is and glad you don't need to worry about it anymore (just be sure to insulate any areas of fuel line which may rub against anything). Be sure to get good quality fuel hose too (especially if you run any biodiesel at all).

These may help with the fuel sender area:
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Ba...stallation.pdf
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Fu...ifications.pdf
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater

Last edited by MTL_Dmax; 11-20-2012 at 04:09 PM.
MTL_Dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Oh Ive been under there and it seems one line is rusted most of the way, and at every black plastic line holder its nasty too. Thanks for the info guys. I almost bought factory lines too.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

You may find this thread helpful as well:
LLY: leaking fuel cooler - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Awesome, more good stuff to read. You say a good quality fuel hose, what would you recommend?

Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I found some SAE30R9 hose on ebay. Bio-D safe type of stuff ~$7.50/ft for 1/2"

Old 11-21-2012, 03:24 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieetgluu View Post
Awesome, more good stuff to read. You say a good quality fuel hose, what would you recommend?

If you need to source hose, just give John Kennedy a call and he can get whatever size you need.
May also be a good time for a lift pump if you don't already have one.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL_Dmax View Post
If you need to source hose, just give John Kennedy a call and he can get whatever size you need.
May also be a good time for a lift pump if you don't already have one.
I dont, but I want one. Not sure which one, I was thinking Airdog. Then there's that $$$$ thing....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.