Injector recall? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Injector recall?

I'm new here guys i just posted an intro. Our 03 the injectors are going bad. Our local chevy dealer told us that there is no warranty or recall on the injectors. But I got online and was looking at specs and I found out that they are warrantied for 7 years or 200,000 miles. I was wondering if anyone had anything straight from GM or something to take to our dealer and prove show them that they are covered or what.
farmerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Its not really called a "warranty", but each and every Dmax from 01-04.5 had to fail certain tests for GM to change out the injectors free of charge.... A handful have been done, however, all trucks that would fall under this category for the "recall" are now unfortunately out of the time frame, since the 2012s are out now. Sorry, but if the injectors are failing, the funds will have to come out of pocket and its not cheap !
2002 CC/SB Duramax LS 4x4 LB7, Solid axle conversion, 14" lift, 20" XD Diesels (black), 39.5x16.5x20 Pitbull Rocker M/Ts, ATS E-power 160HP/360TQ Tune, Edge Attitude Moniter for Guages, Amsoil Custom Intake, PPE Boost Valve, Custom 5" Straight pipe w/7" Tip, Limo Tint everywhere, HID 8k heads, Smoked tails, NBS Tow Mirrors, Clarion 7" flip out, [I](2) 10" subs

http://www.atptrucks.com
ChevyDMax89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Also, use the search button up top to research these threads if you want, but hearing all the stories will probably just make you more mad about having to replace them LOL
2002 CC/SB Duramax LS 4x4 LB7, Solid axle conversion, 14" lift, 20" XD Diesels (black), 39.5x16.5x20 Pitbull Rocker M/Ts, ATS E-power 160HP/360TQ Tune, Edge Attitude Moniter for Guages, Amsoil Custom Intake, PPE Boost Valve, Custom 5" Straight pipe w/7" Tip, Limo Tint everywhere, HID 8k heads, Smoked tails, NBS Tow Mirrors, Clarion 7" flip out, [I](2) 10" subs

http://www.atptrucks.com
ChevyDMax89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 01:28 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

7 years or 200k whichever one comes first. No lb7s are covered anymore...

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 02:22 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
GM Parts guy
Lifetime Supporting Member

This was a 'special policy' that GM had out for these trucks up to 7 yrs or 200k miles. Unfortunately, all LB7 trucks are past the seven year point, so even if they have 30k miles on them, GM is not going to be very inclined to help.

Her truck - 2006 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed

Traded:2002 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed
SOLD:2001 2500HD Ext. Cab Long Bed

For spicee tuna go to www.TrollPerformance.com
DMAXfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

It seems to go by the dealers goodwill for service, many had grief getting the special service bulletin work done prior if they didn't have knowledge of it and pushed a bit. Other dealers were very good about replacement. A guy I know just got 4 injectors replaced 2 weeks ago on an 04 and GM helped with the bill so it cost him $900 total for all 4 installed. GM had replaced all 8 on that truck previously but one went bad again after 15K miles.

If you bought the truck new and have done business with that dealer for years seems to help, if you have mods they can void any warranty. But unless you are really persuasive and lucky it's p[robably not going to happen. An 04 purchased in 05 might still just qualify..........
Old 06-26-2012, 02:08 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

They have been replaced on my truck twcie already under this warranty. My truck only has 71k on it. They are now bad again and the dealer said sorry that will be 5k. So now I am just going to drive it till it catches on fire, hopefully. haha.

Last edited by live2ride90; 06-26-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: forgot a word
live2ride90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 10:17 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Wow the dealer wants $5,000
when we do them in house out the door, with new fuel filter, oil change tax, everything is $3587.65

If you want to do the job yourself we stock the LB7 Injectors
Duramax LB7 Fuel Injector
And the Instal kit that will have all the gaskets and seals needed to do the job.
LB7 Injector Install Kit
It takes about 12 hrs if it's your first time. and you'll have $2000 into the parts.....
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickMA View Post
Wow the dealer wants $5,000
when we do them in house out the door, with new fuel filter, oil change tax, everything is $3587.65

If you want to do the job yourself we stock the LB7 Injectors
Duramax LB7 Fuel Injector
And the Instal kit that will have all the gaskets and seals needed to do the job.
LB7 Injector Install Kit
It takes about 12 hrs if it's your first time. and you'll have $2000 into the parts.....
Too bad you guys are not local in California, I would just pay to have you guys do it. If I keep driving it the way it is, what damage is it going to do to my truck? Will it spontaneously combust and I can just get a new truck? Haha. I dont have the money to do it right now. I only drive it once a week if that, it is mainly my tow vehical. Thanks for the reply, maybe I can find a good shop around here when I can afford it or try and tackle it myself.
live2ride90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Usually you can get away with driving them when they start smoking for a bit. It typically just continues to get worse as time goes on, at some point it can cause issues, but things have to get fairly bad to get to that point.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.