Alligator Cat Adapter - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

After installing the cat adapter it work fine yesterday. This morning woke up to start the truck it ran and stalled out primed the truck and it ran fine until I have to leave it sit for a hour then have to prime it a gain. I tighten the filter again how much tighter do have to get the adapter its hand tight now scared to put more torque to it . Or do I need to do that.
2006 2500 HD SLT ECLB, LBZ, LED tailights, black turn signals , black aftermarket headlights,265/75/16s uniroyal larados,Bilstein shocks,Banks 4inch exhaust, Nicktane Cat adp and 2 micron cat filter , amsoil oil, pcv Re-route from alligator performance,And S&B air intake good to be driving a diesel again.

2002 Chevy silverado 2500 HD, LB7, traded it on a gasser and then traded it in for LBZ.
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 06:09 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Anyone???
2006 2500 HD SLT ECLB, LBZ, LED tailights, black turn signals , black aftermarket headlights,265/75/16s uniroyal larados,Bilstein shocks,Banks 4inch exhaust, Nicktane Cat adp and 2 micron cat filter , amsoil oil, pcv Re-route from alligator performance,And S&B air intake good to be driving a diesel again.

2002 Chevy silverado 2500 HD, LB7, traded it on a gasser and then traded it in for LBZ.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Are you leaking any fuel? I got my Cat Adapter and put it on. It has a slight leak. Came to find out, with the help of Nick at Nicktane, that my filter head was warped. Got a new filter head and installed the adapter, problem solved. I have changed the Cat filter twice and no leaking. I would take the adapter off and see if the o ring has not properly seated itself or if the o ring on the bleeder screw is bad. Good luck.
EFI Live by Idaho Rob, 356K+ and rolling, Undercover Bed Cover, Vortex spray in bed liner, Westin steps, Bilstein Shocks, Road Master Active Suspension, M/A Pump Rub Kit, MBRP 5" Exhaust, Edge Insight CTS, K&N drop in filter, AirDog II 100 w/ CAT 751, Nicktane w/ CAT, Running on LMM Blacked out Wheels & Michelin LTX M/S2 tires.
ADRENALINE TRUCK PERFORMANCE
APPALACHIAN COAL ROLLERS
Merchant Automotive
Earnhardtfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 PM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)

Is the adapter fully seated or does it have a gap? Some lb7s came with screwed up threads from the factory which you won't notice with the plastic filters because it will cut the threads on the filter while you screw it on. I've only herd of a couple with that problem but it does happen!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Thanks for the info guys. I ll check it out but what I cant understand is why the yesterday I put it on had no problem starting after it sat .Until it had sit over night.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

Hey bud you ever get the filter adapter problem solved?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 AM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

YES YOU DO NEED TO TAKE THE CHECK BALL AND SPRING OUT!!!!!! Mine ran fine for a couple days, then last night wouldn't start. So in freezing temperatures with a flashlight between my teeth, I took the check ball and spring out and it fired right up.

I called Alligator specifically to ask if you need to take the check ball and spring out and was told no, just spin on the filter and run it. It wasn't hard to do, but I would have rather done it in 65 degree weather in the daylight when I originally installed it.

Alligator will be getting a call today about this. I am pissed.

HUGE thanks to Dane at Mad Jack (where I got the Donaldson filters from) for taking my call and going out of his way to help me out!

MadJack Diesel Performance - MadJack Diesel Performance
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 AM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacked-up_redneck View Post
You dont have to take the check ball and spring out
bad info!
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 05:56 AM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenmc89 View Post
Hey bud you ever get the filter adapter problem solved?
Ya called alligator and there going to take care of it sending the adapter back to them and there going to ship out a new one. How about you with that MAF sensor was that your problem.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:27 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)

I wish it was the MAF. #2 injector is leaking causing it to over fuel. I'm in the middle of tearing it apart right now but I got 3 stripped upper valve cover bolts so I'm kinda at a stand still
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.