**HELP** Leaking Fuel Passenger Side - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggids View Post
Have you checked the oil level?
Just did oil change right before this started leaking... well before I noticed it. but it looks like it has been leaking for a while by the looks of the build up. oil level is perfect and no codes.
2002 2500HD LB7 Duramax 170K +|Spyder Front End Conversion (ALL LED & 6k HID)|Royalty Core Custom Grill|20" LED Light Bar (Hidden Grill)|EFI LIVE W/DSP5 from Bob Olsen aka "BOBO"|ARP Studs|LDS Injectors|Ported Turbo Horn|PPE Boost Valve|3" Leveling Kit|18" Pro Comp Mulisha Wheels w/Hankook ATM 285/65/18|Rancho XL9000 w/Shock Extensions|MOOG Idler/Pitman w/ Cognito Support Braces Kit|Edge Insight CS mounted above head console|4" MBRP Turbo Back with 6" Mulisha Tip
MMulisha_LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 01:22 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

I bet it is coming from one of the fuel lines that run into the top of the head and running to that spot. When was the last time there was injector work or it had valve covers were off?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
-Benjamin Franklin

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-DuraMax-build
Dominic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 01:49 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Last time I had injectors was at 70k since then no work done on heads. Because how clean the dripping fuel I think it's a fuel line except I can't find the leak. I was thinking a gasket leak on that spot but from where is my question I can't find it

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
2002 2500HD LB7 Duramax 170K +|Spyder Front End Conversion (ALL LED & 6k HID)|Royalty Core Custom Grill|20" LED Light Bar (Hidden Grill)|EFI LIVE W/DSP5 from Bob Olsen aka "BOBO"|ARP Studs|LDS Injectors|Ported Turbo Horn|PPE Boost Valve|3" Leveling Kit|18" Pro Comp Mulisha Wheels w/Hankook ATM 285/65/18|Rancho XL9000 w/Shock Extensions|MOOG Idler/Pitman w/ Cognito Support Braces Kit|Edge Insight CS mounted above head console|4" MBRP Turbo Back with 6" Mulisha Tip
MMulisha_LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Location: Where the 5th Wheel Trailer is Parked and Sometimes Ca
The Best way to detect a leak like that is to, wash it down, air dry, and get a spray can of developer. Spray the developer around the area you think it is leaking, start the engine let it run, the leak will show on the developer. Developer is the stuff used to detect cracks in metal. ie. ZYGLO brand.
22mules is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

fuel line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMulisha_LB7 View Post
Need some help with this,Its NOT the fuel filter or Head, however cant figure out where the leak is coming from. I took some pics maybe someone can help me out. I did a search and didn't find this exact problem.

No smoke, no slow start, no rough idle, Inj Bal rates +/-0.5, all digital gauges normal, no CEL light. Leaks with truck on or off, more when on at idle in driveway.

The pics are from under the truck right above steering stabilizer mount. not under fuel filter.

Second pic you can see the fuel on the bolt head dripping off...
I had the same problem, turned out to be fuel line came loose @ fuel rail, had to remove ficm and then you could see the origination of the leak. The fuel would run down the valley and down to the same area u are describing, Hopefully this will help you.
bigtuna189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.