**HELP** Leaking Fuel Passenger Side - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

**HELP** Leaking Fuel Passenger Side

Need some help with this,Its NOT the fuel filter or Head, however cant figure out where the leak is coming from. I took some pics maybe someone can help me out. I did a search and didn't find this exact problem.

No smoke, no slow start, no rough idle, Inj Bal rates +/-0.5, all digital gauges normal, no CEL light. Leaks with truck on or off, more when on at idle in driveway.

The pics are from under the truck right above steering stabilizer mount. not under fuel filter.

Second pic you can see the fuel on the bolt head dripping off...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2-1.jpg (50.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg photo_3.jpg (42.2 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg photo_4.jpg (35.0 KB, 116 views)
2002 2500HD LB7 Duramax 170K +|Spyder Front End Conversion (ALL LED & 6k HID)|Royalty Core Custom Grill|20" LED Light Bar (Hidden Grill)|EFI LIVE W/DSP5 from Bob Olsen aka "BOBO"|ARP Studs|LDS Injectors|Ported Turbo Horn|PPE Boost Valve|3" Leveling Kit|18" Pro Comp Mulisha Wheels w/Hankook ATM 285/65/18|Rancho XL9000 w/Shock Extensions|MOOG Idler/Pitman w/ Cognito Support Braces Kit|Edge Insight CS mounted above head console|4" MBRP Turbo Back with 6" Mulisha Tip
MMulisha_LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 04:29 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Have you worked on it recently and maybe a washer didn't get back in the right spot? Ficm would be in that area....
s&b intake, banks exhaust, II silver bullet turbo, proflow headers, EFI live by bobo, ATS duel fueler, II 45% overs, ADII 165 lift pump, suncoast trans and ml converter
04 Chevy ec/sb LB7 "arrival blue lithuanian truck"
banks intake, silverline dual exhaust, EFI live DSP5 by Idaho Rob, BD diesel trans pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post
well yea bitch, i like duramax forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinelvis11 View Post
i'll let you use anything i got except my wife and my truck; it's too easy to throw a rod in either one):h
flyinelvis11 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Bump
2002 2500HD LB7 Duramax 170K +|Spyder Front End Conversion (ALL LED & 6k HID)|Royalty Core Custom Grill|20" LED Light Bar (Hidden Grill)|EFI LIVE W/DSP5 from Bob Olsen aka "BOBO"|ARP Studs|LDS Injectors|Ported Turbo Horn|PPE Boost Valve|3" Leveling Kit|18" Pro Comp Mulisha Wheels w/Hankook ATM 285/65/18|Rancho XL9000 w/Shock Extensions|MOOG Idler/Pitman w/ Cognito Support Braces Kit|Edge Insight CS mounted above head console|4" MBRP Turbo Back with 6" Mulisha Tip
Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

No work on it at all. Oil change and new exhaust were last two things done. Fuel filter was also completed at oil change. However no leaks on wif or head.

From the top of engine bay you can't see the leak. Unless perhaps you remove the air intake. Which I will do today to try to find this fuel leak.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:40 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I would say fuel line from ficm to fuel filter, fuel line from ficm to injection pump or the 2 fittings on the ficm itself. Other than the fuel filter assembly, that is the only things that could leak on the passenger side.

Also are you sure its fuel? Just curious as the fluid dripping off the steering stabilizer looks kind of orange. Just need to be sure so were not chasing the wrong leak

Last edited by mike diesel; 11-08-2012 at 04:44 AM.
mike diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike diesel View Post

Also are you sure its fuel? Just curious as the fluid dripping off the steering stabilizer looks kind of orange. Just need to be sure so were not chasing the wrong leak
its fuel for sure, i think the orange might be the dirty truck/rust or camera. however its fuel i can still smell it and i washed my hands 20 times. but if you look at second pic the fuel is clear on the bolt head.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Just going to have to trace the fuel lines on that side. Mike gave you some good advice...if they're original lines wouldn't surprise me that they are dry rotted

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I look at it this morning and I will need to dig into that area. I looked up part numbers for the fuel hoses in that area from gm and going to replace them, it's a cheap insurance and start from there. Will update after install thanks everyone.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

After replaced both hoses from filter head with new ones. Tested it and found that this was not the problem. Looked further into the engine and I found the leak location, however I am unsure.

Can anybody shed some light on this with the new pictures. The leak is now pinned down to the middle of the engine below the fan belt in the center. right behind cooling fan behind radiator.

I am stumped....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2-2.jpg (70.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg photo_1-2.jpg (72.7 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg photo_3-1.jpg (74.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Have you checked the oil level?

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.