HELP! no start after cp3 replacement - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Yeah i actually had a shop check it out for me Bcz I'm busy and don't have the scan tools they do but they said they pressurized the tank and still couldn't get rail pressure over 130 psi idk if they were cranking it or not they are gunna tear into it and find out the problem
Camokid09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Well now I'm finishing this on my own due to shop delaying me I'm gunna double check the primer is working how would I do that? And how do I get the filter head off? And if I have air in the pump how do I get it out
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
ATS Diesel Performance

You may want to consider is looking into a filter rebuild kit if it is leaking.

One other thing that can be going wrong is your injector return rates. If they are returning too much fuel it will not allow you to build up enough pressure to fire the engine over.
Also will cause low rail issues like you were seeing before you changed out your CP3.

David Spidle
ATS Diesel Performance Marketing & Tech

03 LB7Auroura 5000 W/ Manifolds & Up-pipes, Synapse 50mm Gate, 40% Over Injectors, Alligator Stg5 Trans, EFI Live

lb7blksmk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

how would i go about checking my return rates? im huessing a tech 2 scan tool which i do not have accessible right now. if there is stil air present in the fuel lines would that cause the primer not to build pressure?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
ATS Diesel Performance

It is a manual test that requires the valve covers to be removed. so you'll need to take it to a shop.

If there were air in the system or even if the filter head was leaking air it would not build pressure up.
Do you have a lift pump on the truck?

David Spidle

03 LB7Auroura 5000 W/ Manifolds & Up-pipes, Synapse 50mm Gate, 40% Over Injectors, Alligator Stg5 Trans, EFI Live

Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

I can pull the valve covers if I have to but I don't think that's the issue Bcz like I said truck ran good before I changed the pump it just had a weak pump and threw the fuel leak code at 70 mph or so going up hills on highway driving Bcz pump couldn't keep up and no the truck is bone stock no lift pump
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
ATS Diesel Performance

Hi return rates will cause the same issue.

David Spidle

Old 11-21-2012, 01:55 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

If it is that the injectors are bad? I had all the injectors checked 2 months ago
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
ATS Diesel Performance

was it doing this before you changed the injectors?

David Spidle

Old 11-21-2012, 05:07 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

I just had a thought... If you or the shop that installed the CP3 removed the FPRV for any reason and took it apart, its very possible that the needle fell out. Your rails would return fuel almost as fast as it was being pumped. It may have somehow stuck open even if you didnt mess with it. I would do the bottle test and see what the FPRV is returning before injector return rates.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.