HELP! no start after cp3 replacement - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Unhappy HELP! no start after cp3 replacement

2500 hd 01 lb7 175,000 miles
all stock except 6in lift (no programmer anymore)
ok so truck was running good except i had tested the pump about a month ago an pump only put out 17,000 psi and would go into limp mode at like 65-70 mph i kept my scanner in my truck and have just been clearing codes when i drive. anyways i replaced the pump last week, and no the truck wont start, and wont prime?!?!? heres the checks i have done:

-no engine codes while cranking
-pumped primer and pushed schreder valve in and bled alot of fuel and and some air out the lines
-kept pumping the primer but never got stiff!(i had to do this before a few months back when i pulled the pump to change the fpr) and it got stiff
-cranked the truck during priming(nothing)
-cracked line after pump and pushed the primer in and had fuel coming out after pump
-tried starting it on wd-40 but i was by myself and had to spray then jump in and try starting(didnt start)

also afte i push in the schreder valve after bleeding the air and fuel out, it builds up some pressure again and when i bleed again it shoots fuel across the room so i believe my primer is still working correctly
then right after im pumping it almost sounds like i have air escaping from around the filter area i believe not sure tho. (someone before me had removed the primer bleed screw i believe because the area where my bleed screw is suppose to be in a small bolt with a bunch of washers stacked up?!?)

i have tried everything from what i been reading online and have called diesel shops and they gave me a few of the things i mentioned above to try but still no luck. truck is at a performnance shop now but they havent touched it all week and im fed up about to trailor it out of there i am a mechanic but still going to school for it i do have experience but thisis the first diesel i have messed with!
*i read somehting yesterday about loosening the bleed screw a few turns then priming the fuel but it worked without doing so last time a had to do this and truck ran good before i did this just didnt have much power and is getting bad fuel economy i believe due to the weak cp3 so any advice would be helpful!!!
(sorry for the long post just trying to get all info out there)
Camokid09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

bump...any ideas????
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Only 80 psi during cranking!!!! Any ideas
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

run a rubber hose and by pass your filter housing and see if it starts...
The goodies.....zf6 valair DD/carrillo rods,arp main studs and head studs,75% injectors, comp cam....20 inch BMF Novakane/Trail Grapplers....Evan Davis Tune..Just enough stuff to turn heads at the grocery store
04lb7zf6truck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Ill check that tonight what does it mean if it starts after that?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

From what i have read it would mean your filter housing is cracked or need the o rings replaced in it.
The goodies.....zf6 valair DD/carrillo rods,arp main studs and head studs,75% injectors, comp cam....20 inch BMF Novakane/Trail Grapplers....Evan Davis Tune..Just enough stuff to turn heads at the grocery store
Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Or you could have a bad fuel leak somewhere or a pinched line
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Not a fuel filter housing or primer issue with tank pressurized steady stream
Coming out of bleeder what else would cause my primer not to get stiff and the rail pressure not to get over 130 psi
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

Unplug the FPR wires and try to start it. It will make the CP3 work at 100%, and create 100% rail pressure. It will lope hard if it starts, But it's an idea. Or you can try to pressurize the tank with about 10psi and try starting the truck. It may help the CP3 prime itself. Because it sounds like the CP3 isnt priming itself for some reason.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 03:30 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Subscribed
2006 Chevy Silverado ..LBZ..mbrp 5" turbo exhaust (no muffler or cats) modified stock air intake, EFI by Kory Willis, Big Dipper stage IV trans, Precision ML, Pump rub fix, Alligator trans lines, Autometer guages, Airdog II-165, Ready Lift leveling kit, 285/75 Nitto Dune Grappler, Bilstein shocks, Cognito idler and pitman arm braces, PPE tie rod sleeves, fingerstick, blocker plate, pvc reroute,air intake regulator blocked, Banks boost tube, All Amsoil fluids.
tmm403 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.