02 LB7 really PI$$!NG me off! No power! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Exclamation 02 LB7 really PI$$!NG me off! No power!

I have an 02 lb7 that I've been trying to fix a lost power issue for a couple weeks and nothing! Well today after messing with it I got mad and run the hell out of it on the way to work and bam it started running PERFECT for about 10 minutes then I stopped at the store and when I came back out and left it had no power once again!

What I've do so far: new fuel filter, cleaned MAF sensor, run the recommended amount of power service in this last tank of fuel and nothing helped. It has newer injectors with good balance rates and a 6 month old cp3. No grey smoke, fuel in oil, or anything out of the ordinary. It has a predator programmer, factory straight pipe, and cold air intake. It's a cheap eBay intake that the original owner put on with a K&N filter i put on it 2 months ago and I've had problems with the filter falling off about 3 times! Do any of y'all have any suggestions? Maybe bad fuel? Dirt or something in the turbo from that cheap pos intake and the filter falling off? It has no cel or codes except p0380 for glow plugs so i don't know which direction to look. I also don't see any fuel or boost leaks and don't understand why when I ran the hell out of it the power came back for a little while.
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

I am thinking that intake is throwing off the MAF sensor. Or you need to replace the MAF sensor. Running it hard must have spooled the turbo enough, or sucked in enough air to tell the ecm that you need more fuel. That gave you the power back. This is just my theory.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Oiled air filter? Do you have a scanner to read the lbs/min the MAF is reading?

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 02:54 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

It is very typical of a bad MAF to act horrible then all of a sudden you have a big burst of power. Leads me to believe bad MAF.

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Old 11-19-2012, 03:30 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

It's an oiled K&N ( I know bad mistake) and my predator can read it. It's between 44 at the lowest and 50 something on idle and I wanna say 150-160 while cruising? I can't exactly remember off the top of my head. I just don't get how it ran fine for 2 months then after 2 weeks of no power I give it hell and it runs like new again for a few minutes then bam back to no power.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Man that sucks . Sounds like it would be the MAF sensor. Hopefully that the fixed your problem.
2006 2500 HD SLT ECLB, LBZ, LED tailights, black turn signals , black aftermarket headlights,265/75/16s uniroyal larados,Bilstein shocks,Banks 4inch exhaust, Nicktane Cat adp and 2 micron cat filter , amsoil oil, pcv Re-route from alligator performance,And S&B air intake good to be driving a diesel again.

2002 Chevy silverado 2500 HD, LB7, traded it on a gasser and then traded it in for LBZ.
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

I'm to the point where I've had about all this acting up crap I can take with this truck and if someone can point me in the right direction and help me find what's wrong with it I have no problem paying you. Whoever helps me find the problem I'll send a tip threw PayPal or just mail you cash! I'm ready to have this thing back to normal and don't wanna have to pay the stealer $100 to find the problem!

Last edited by Stevenmc89; 11-19-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Stevenmc89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Do you still have the oem intake? It would be awesome if you could swap it back on. Does it blow a lot of black smoke?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

If I had the oem intake it would have been on there a long time ago. I bought the truck from a good friend and it had the eBay one on it when he got it so there's no telling where it is. All I did was put the filter on it. Do you know what the MAF rates are supposed to be and yea it does smoke pretty good. It's got 120 tune on it so I'm sure a lot of the smoke is from that
Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

You may wanna check your innercooler tube on the drivers side and see if that has a hole the size of your finger in it. Sometimes it rubs through. It will smoke more and you will lose power. But thats just a possibility. I really think it's your MAF sensor issue.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.