Control Arm Bushings - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Control Arm Bushings

I recently put 3" keys, 2" blocks, and new shocks all the way around on my truck. I went to take it in and get it aligned and they said I needed a lower right ball joint and new idler and pitman arm. So instead of replacing just them three parts I've decided I am going to replace everything in the front end. Here's the parts I already bought, all MOOG: Idler Arm, Idler Arm Bracket Assembly, Pitman Arm, All 4 Ball Joints, Inner Tie Rods, Outer Tie Rod Ends, Sway Bar Bushings, Sway Bar End Links. I also ordered the Cognito Idler and Pitman Arm Brace Kit and Tie Rod Sleves. Also got two new Timken Wheel Bearings. My question is should I replace the control arm bushings? Anything else I should replace while I am in there? Anything else I should add while I am in there?
18" Black XD Crank with 305/70R18 Dick Cepek FC II
EFI Live Idaho Rob
DSP through Edge Insight
Profab Downpipe
4" MBRP straight pipe w/ 5" tip
Soon to Come:
30% or 40% Overs
AirDog II 165
tosterland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Might as wheel do it all. I'm going to this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
05 lly, 5" intake, lbz mouthpiece, ppe manifolds up pipes, 6"rcd custom lift, three inch drop shackles, torsion bolts out, nitto 420's 305/50/20, tie rod sleeves, lift pump, egr delete, pcv reroute, 5" straight pipe, stage 5 tranny,68 mm from Danville, arp head studs, efilive by me, cracked piston 6/28/13 died. (Best time 12.75 on fuel)
Alive 11/15-13 built motor by me: Carrillo rods, fingers oval pistons, ATI dampner, PPE dual fuelers, 80% injectors, 72mm VGT.
quinton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

On my to do list this Christmas vacation too
Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo back exhaust
Moog problem solver upper and lower ball joints
Blistein 5100's up front
H2's Michelin 265/70/17 E, Ranch hand front bumper. EFI LIVE by Kory Willis
Purchased parts awaiting install:

AD 165,
Special thanks to:Brent@LDS, mrmanners@Synthetic Motorsports, and Kory Willis@latuning
Jesus loves YOU, Have you asked Him to be your Savior yet?
blitzin247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

you should get cognito upper control arms they have balljoints and bushings in them and they are specially designed for lifted applications
07durty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

control arm bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosterland View Post
I recently put 3" keys, 2" blocks, and new shocks all the way around on my truck. I went to take it in and get it aligned and they said I needed a lower right ball joint and new idler and pitman arm. So instead of replacing just them three parts I've decided I am going to replace everything in the front end. Here's the parts I already bought, all MOOG: Idler Arm, Idler Arm Bracket Assembly, Pitman Arm, All 4 Ball Joints, Inner Tie Rods, Outer Tie Rod Ends, Sway Bar Bushings, Sway Bar End Links. I also ordered the Cognito Idler and Pitman Arm Brace Kit and Tie Rod Sleves. Also got two new Timken Wheel Bearings. My question is should I replace the control arm bushings? Anything else I should replace while I am in there? Anything else I should add while I am in there?
I replaced the complete upper control arms, ( Moog ) and lower ball joints, the control arm is not very expensive and quick to change. you are on the right track I think you covered it. How does it ride with the new keys? I have the same truck. Big Tuna
bigtuna189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I have considered cognito upper control arms but they are a bit pricey. Are they really worth it? Ive also looked into the Moog upper control arm with extra 2 degrees of camber adjustment. Im leaning towards doing the Moog with extra 2 degrees of adjustment. How do those stack up with the Cognitos? Also does Moog make a direct bolt in lower control arm with ball joints and bushings already in it? I cant find one.
EFI Live Idaho Rob
DSP through Edge Insight
Profab Downpipe
Soon to Come:
30% or 40% Overs
AirDog II 165
Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

It rides a little rougher with the new keys but its only been a week and I'm already use to it.
EFI Live Idaho Rob
DSP through Edge Insight
Profab Downpipe
Soon to Come:
30% or 40% Overs
AirDog II 165
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.