LB7 Cranks but wont start - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

if you know its from the filter housing, just delete it and put in the airdog. Will filter better anyways. Dont worry about being new to diesels. Knowledge comes with time and experience. Stay on here and you will figure it all out in no time. If you need anything let me know.

Andy

1998 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L AX-5 Manual EGR Delete, 2.5in Performance Exhaust, K&N Intake, 2.5in lift 31x10.5x15 TOYO M/T on Gloss black Steelies

2005 Suzuki DR650
aturking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Diesels are more fun

1998 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L AX-5 Manual EGR Delete, 2.5in Performance Exhaust, K&N Intake, 2.5in lift 31x10.5x15 TOYO M/T on Gloss black Steelies

2005 Suzuki DR650

Last edited by aturking; 12-12-2012 at 09:33 PM.
aturking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHuber219 View Post
is it pretty easy? Im still pretty new to diesels. They scare me a little bit. And yes this morning i could smell fuel but cant find where its coming from. Im sure its from the filter housing. Just praying I can bypass that with the air dog and it fires right up.
i deleted my stock fuel filter 2 months after i installed my air dog. i think it made alil difference in throttle response because stock fuel filter is pretty restrictive and i think it defeats the purpose of the lift pump to try to push thru that then to CP3 aka injection pump. i also modded the air dog to CAT filter on it. i watch my balance rates alot and it hasnt change one bit since i put the air dog on and that was over year ago.
TUNING: built trans DSP5 by Tony @ Ridge Runner
FRONT END: built with stock joints
EXTERIOR: pretty far from stock
any questions just ask

New Bosch reman injector's from
Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Bonomax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
All In
Supporting Member

When you get your air dog it'll come with extra half inch hose. Use that hose to bypass your filter housing. You'll see it's very simple. Just make sure you loop the hose wide enough so it doesn't kink.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks for the advice guys.. Ill post after I get my air dog on and let you know if I had any luck!
JHuber219 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Hey Guys, I got my air dog 2 on and my fuel filter bypassed. Wasnt bad at all. BUT! Now the truck will start, but its very inconsistent. Sometimes it fires right up, sometimes it cranks for 10-15 seconds then starts. does start every time. I feel like its lacking some power but of course it may be in my head. Any ideas.
JHuber219 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I think you are back to as posted in the beginning. Check your injector balance rates.
Clifford is a 2005 GMC Loaded SLT 2wd with; true cold air intake mods, ported LBZ turbo inlet mouthpiece, AFE Inter cooler pipe, Diamond Eye down pipe, BD drivers side manifold, Silverline 4" S/S exhaust, EFI Live DSP5 By Idaho Rob, V2 radiator, thermostst controlled oil cooler, Bully Dog pillar mounted outlook monitor, pillar mounted Auto Meter oil temp gauge,19.5" aluminum wheels with factory lug covers, Goodyear G647RSS 225/70/19.5, BF Xenon 6000k Headlights Low & Hi, Air lift Remote control 5000# air bag system, Tork Lift Stable Loasd, rear mounted under the bumper halogen lights, EZ down Tailgate assist, Put co S/S mud flaps, compete interior wood dash kit, Dual Liner 3 piece bed liner with rubber floor mat, Roll-N-Lock tonne cover with tail gate lock, and AVS in channel vent visors.

GM DRW club member #5
05 3500 2wd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 07:25 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

As always, check to see what current codes and history codes are showing. You will need a scan tool that reads more than just the basic codes though, like the BCM, PCM, etc. May help point in the right direction. Im facing the same issue and in the service manual I have, the second step mentions codes that lead to the main issue at hand.

IT RUNS!!
Cowansauto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.