Injectors lb7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Injectors lb7

So I have the edge monitor for my lly Duramax and my friend wants me to do injectors on his lb7 because its blowing blueish white smoke. So I connected my edge to his truck and the injectors showed a +6 and a -6. Does this mean all the injectors are shot? Is there something else wrong? I know on my lly the injector rate is around +1 -1. He thinks that this chip shows what the computer thinks it should be putting out. What exactly does this monitor injection rate tell you. If their bad? Because on my lly two injectors were shooting a rate of +8 after I put the new injectors in and I can't find out why I was told do a compression test
Performance: Banks Six Gun w/Speed loader. 4" MBRP straight pipe. EGR Delete
nikokrzynowek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

The injectors on an lb7 are going to be far more complicated as you have to pull the valve covers off so people will replace a side at a time to keep from having to pull the covers off a second time. Balance rates should be read at operating temperature on a stock tune. I read your other thread with your oil covered injector and to the best of my knowledge if you have a loss of compression aka a hole or crack in a piston the truck will compensate for the lack of power from that cylinder by adding fuel. Thus your positive rate of +8.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

www.performancetruckproducts.com[/B]
jpbrienp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Doesnt +8 mean its retarding the fuel, not adding?
auto meter boost/pyro/trans gauges- traction bars- 5'' DE 5" to 7" black mitre cut stack- PPE BIV- AD II 200 lift pump- edge insight CTS- spectre CAI- 45% over injectors- LMM cp3 & FPR -EFI live dsp5 from tony burkhard and danville performance
suncoast stage 4 trans, goerend "ML style" triple disc billet converter
Passin' 35psi on stock IHI with 290k on it
boostnlb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I was thinking it meant it was adding.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

www.performancetruckproducts.com[/B]
jpbrienp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Anything +4 or -4 in park up to operating temp is within spec. +6 and -6 are out of spec. I would recommend replacing all eight of the injectors. Another indication that it's injectors is if it's blowing white smoke and has a raw fuel smell.

......... Lincoln Diesel Specialties .........
Phone: 920-765-1615

Click here For,
LB7 Injector Install Instructions
Brent@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikokrzynowek View Post
So I have the edge monitor for my lly Duramax and my friend wants me to do injectors on his lb7 because its blowing blueish white smoke. So I connected my edge to his truck and the injectors showed a +6 and a -6. Does this mean all the injectors are shot? Is there something else wrong? I know on my lly the injector rate is around +1 -1. He thinks that this chip shows what the computer thinks it should be putting out. What exactly does this monitor injection rate tell you. If their bad? Because on my lly two injectors were shooting a rate of +8 after I put the new injectors in and I can't find out why I was told do a compression test
Because if an injector adds tons of fuel, you have a problem in the cylinder...with compression. Add in the fact you had oil all over it leads me to believe you need to pull the heads and have a look...compression test will tell you for sure if there is a problem with the cylinder in question.

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Well as far as the lb7 goes we ripped the valve covers off and sending all 8 out to get tested hopefully have that done tomorrow. You think the best bet is to get a full valve cover gasket set with all 4 gaskets?? And as far as my own lly ill have it back Tuesday or wensday and the 8 inch lift will be on so ill be able to do the compression test and find out if there's something wrong with that. What tells the injectors to fire do you think it could be something with wiring. Started the truck up from sitting at te shop for a few days In the freezing cold and it was looping
Performance: Banks Six Gun w/Speed loader. 4" MBRP straight pipe. EGR Delete
nikokrzynowek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

The rubber gaskets can be reused if they dont seem to be cracked or compromised in any way. The upper covers just have gray silicone, so I'd get a tube of that and call it a day!

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Can someone please help me new to the duramax....i have a 2003 gmc 6.6 duramax..oil pan full of diesel ...injectors check out ok ...what know.......
texas10pt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas10pt View Post
Can someone please help me new to the duramax....i have a 2003 gmc 6.6 duramax..oil pan full of diesel ...injectors check out ok ...what know.......
your injectors are bad...balance rates dont tell the whole story

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.