Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Broken glow plug.

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fla.keys. 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a 2004 duramax and the owner just told me that he was replacing 3 of the glow plugs and one of them broke. has any one had to remove a broken glow plug and how difficult was it. how should i approach this and why would 3 glow plugs go bad. by the way, it is an LB7 and i have never owned a diesel before so a lot of this is new to me. Thanks.

#3 ·
If it broke off in the head you are screwed. Everytime we brake then at the dealership we replaced the cylinder head. Yes the whole cylinder hear. You cannot heli-coil it due to super high compression while under boost. DONT buy the truck or make him get it fixed first. Its about a 3500.00 repair. Sorry

#4 ·
I'm sorry, i don't know how to use the features of this forum yet so i just quoted. I ended up backing out of that deal, and i found an even better truck. I will post some pics and info after i figure out the forum a little more. thanks for your help everyone. mike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.