Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Slipping Transmission!

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DuramaxSMOKE11 
#1 ·
Hey I've heard about the tranny's mostly slipping in the overdrive gears when too much power is added, but I think mine is starting to slip in 2nd. It still feels strong in all of the rest of the gears. I usually keep the PPE on 160, which everybody says is too much for the stock tranny, but I never run WOT. I guess I'm wondering why it hasnt gone into a 'limp mode' because it seems to be slipping pretty bad.. When I lay into it a little bit, it pulls strong through 1st, hits a brick wall in 2nd, then takes back off in 3rd. Does this sound like a torque converter problem? Or is it worse

#4 ·
ok when i get on mine when it shitfs 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 it bounces rev limiter. so what that mean but if i drive it nice she runs fine

#6 ·
like it wil red line ans bounce back and red line again and bounce back and then shift

#8 ·
ok nice well i planned on doing the tranny but i guess i will just have to do it sooner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.