Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

new injectors now new noise

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ridergonwild5692 
#1 ·
After getting all 8 injectors replaced ( crank case filled with fuel) I now have a knocking noise on acceleration. The mechanic said that a rod bearing was probably shot from driving on it too long with fuel in crank case. What do you guys think. Am I looking at a total rebuild? Or should I just have him pull motor and change out the rod bearings only? I realize either way it's gonna get deep in the ol pocket. Help me out here guys. Please. It's an 02 with 172,000 miles. The lb7 has caused me some gray hairs. Actually more than my daughters have.
Thanks Mike

#2 ·
Moved to LB7-- truck runs.

#4 ·
I threw new inj in my lb7 when i did my HG job and i filled the crankcase also because of an bad banjo seal on the return line. Fixed it drained the oil, put new fresh oil and now i have an horrible tick knock on the drivers side?? all valves are adjusted to .011 also. All balance rates are perfect. Idk what else to do but drive the thing.

#5 ·
i jsut put new injectors in mine. its 100 percent from the injectors. jsut drive it, thats what i keep getting told. i actually pulled my valve covers off because i thought it was the valve train. its not. its the injectors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.