Coolant Leak - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 08:16 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

mine looks like its coming from the headgasket area too but its on the driver side, i cant figure it out its only leaking though not burning any coolant
Magnaflow 5" straight pipe, Magnaflow 3" DP, AEM CAI, EFILive by Idaho Rob atptrucks.com, ADII 165, BT lockup box, CTS Insight, Nicktane/CAT, boost increase valve, RDL intake horn, manifolds/uppipes, 3" MBRP boost tubes, port/polished/batmo turbo by Yellowchevy, Turbo blanket, Rareparts HD tierods, Allseason brace, 3/5 drop, 60" traction bars, MA pumprub fix, Alligator trans cooler lines. LMM 17"s on 265 Nitto Terragraps
OregonDMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 03:09 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Yeah mines the same just on the passenger side. I was kinda stumped when I topped off the coolant and it just started pouring out on the floor, if the head gasket leaked that bad it would really run like crap, lol, and it runs great, with the new injectors and all. I actually went through the whole entire fuel system from the tank up. Glad to find out it's probly not the head gasket, havent checked that plate yet but will.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:16 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Check the heater hose quick connect fittings that go to heater core thru firewall
MBRP 4'' EXHAUST
BILSTEIN SHOCKS
CFD95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2013, 04:13 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Ok..I have a leak too. Just looked and found the hose on drivers side lower part of engine leaking. not sure if its at the hose clamp or the hose or something else. going to investigate further when things cool down. There is a gooseneck/90 degree metal adapter comming off the engine on the drivers side, low on the engine. The hose goes about 1 foot then there is molded tee with a small maybe 1/2 inch tap line. the larger maybe 2" continues across the front of the truck to somewhere, again tracing out after it cools.

Any input in the meanwhile would be appreciated. not a lot of fluid just enough to leak and leave a puddle.
keith gigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2013, 04:14 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

oh yea its an 01 lb7 engine
Old 06-21-2013, 04:50 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Mine was leaking back side passenger block and I got it pressure tested and it was my heater pipe or whatever you call it lol I thought it was head gaskets to.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:31 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

I think my heater hoses were good, I'll double check though. It just leaked all over with no pressure though, it wasnt running and it just dribbled out all over the floor into a big puddle, runs right down the bellhousing and off the back of the head, passenger side. I ordered the gasket for that plate, hard part to find! Merchant Automotive has it, the dealer here couldnt even figure it out, I had to give them an item number and schematic number so they could look up the gasket
Old 06-21-2013, 06:54 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

lookin at some views on net..that may be my water pump..Always worked on gas engines so pump was in middle of engine driven by belt. looks like the diesel doesn't have external belt..any input guys?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:14 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysnchainsaws View Post
I think my heater hoses were good, I'll double check though. It just leaked all over with no pressure though, it wasnt running and it just dribbled out all over the floor into a big puddle, runs right down the bellhousing and off the back of the head, passenger side. I ordered the gasket for that plate, hard part to find! Merchant Automotive has it, the dealer here couldnt even figure it out, I had to give them an item number and schematic number so they could look up the gasket
Thats where mine was leaking lol one guy said Head gasket but I didnt have any signs of head gaskets.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
Ya play hard Ya pay hard
Lifetime Supporting Member

OP , did you ever resolve your leak?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.