Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

First Post. Advice on 03?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Vineyney 
#1 ·
Hey guys. First post here. Been looking for a Duramax for a Little while now. I was thinking of checking this truck out nut it seems a little high on price but maybe that's just me?

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel LT3

Thanks!

#2 ·
Seems that the injectors went out at 60k or something else catastrophic occurred to get a new engine. Question will be when did he get the t case and injectors done. Also ask them what type of injectors were used Bosch reman, or refurb. Ask and see if they have a maintenance schedule etc etc ...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Well pricing depends on your area and over all what has been done. 4x4 is worth more than a 2 wheel drive all things equal.

I'd try and find a truck that hasn't been tagged on and then work on it yourself. Specially if you get an lb7 as such.

#5 ·
Pricing seems to be about that for my area. There is an 03 Sierra Max listed for 20k also. So this seems relatively reasonable to me.

I just hate how people try to add retail cost of mods into the price when selling. There aren't many unmolested trucks on my area under 25k ish. I was originally looking at an LMM but figured if I get a cheaper truck I could put more money into making it mine instead of a payment

Sent from..... Behind You..

#6 ·
Well it's kinda like I just spent over 4000 dollars in parts on my truck over the past month. I have but 20ilea
On them... Now if I had 20k on these
Parts I couldn't ask full retail...

#7 ·
Go crew cab. I'd worry about the "new" engine and other work. Service history for sure.

#8 ·
Cc/lb seems too long. I have a '90 K3500 Xc/lb with a 454. It's currently down to get rebuilt.

Has to be a long bed. Too many uses for a full 8ft bed. Which limits my market drastically because all I can find is cc/sb

Sent from..... Behind You..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.