What is the injector fix??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 06:29 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

What is the injector fix???

Have a good chance at getting a 02 dmax and some cash in trade for my 05. Was wondering is ther a fix for the injectors or just replace as they go boom. Anyways this could open a few doors for me if it works out and yes I'm totally capable of doing my own injectors. Thanks guys.

Thanks to Tyler @ www.meyerperformance.com
Thanks to Chad @ http://www.alligatorperformance.com/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...?id=1210592953

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDiesel View Post
I hate to derail, but how do you get a quote in your sig?
Like this^^^^^^^

Last edited by Kroggs; 01-23-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Kroggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Yep!

No real fix! its a crap shoot with them, I have read that there is a fix that is being tried that has to do with the electrical current to them, that it is not constant and it could be causing failure, but thats the only info I have read on it with no results, I also believe IMO, that another cause of probs is the fact that the injectors on the LB7 are "wet" meaning that they set in cups that are surrounded by H20, and the extreme hot/cold effect is causing issues, But that is just My Opinion.

01 Dmax CC, SB, 2wd
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent". - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraskank View Post
So basically this is the only time I'm allowed to call you a giant douchebag pickle smoocher without getting an infraction.

2012 Duramax Forum Best Troll Award Winner for Promoting Jmaz to Admin

deeretracks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 06:50 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

keep your truck man i love your truck
Fuel: 60% injectors, lbz cp3
Air: s476 over stocker
Exhaust: 5" downpipe, 5" exhaust factory exit no tip. Bd manifold. Everything heat wrapped.
Wheels: 20x10 fuel hostages, 35" nitto trail grapplers
Bumpers: roll pan, big Chevy hitch
sparepartsracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 07:12 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The 04.5-05 LLY engines had a problem with the injector connections where they attach to the injector terminals. Connector #2 and #7 were the problem ones. When this happened, the engine lost power and you were stuck along side the road.

The wires were pulled sideways, which loosen them. It was found that you could use an SHARP ice pick and push on the plastic connector to raise a dimple inside the connector. This made a firm connection and it would last.

GM had a replacement wire that required you to cut off the old wires and reconnect the new wires. This "Fix" was done to many vehicles, (parts were like $250), but many found it did not last and they had problems again. GM charged something like $500 to do this repair.

Another area where some had problems was the FICM harness where it is attached to the side of the alternator-- the sharp corner of the bracket cuts into the wires and shorts. Just raise the harness and place a piece of heater hose under the harness and tie down again. I cannot believe that so many people have not done this 2 minute fix and are waiting for a breakdown.

It was rare for LLY engines to have actual injector problems, unless contaminated fuel was run.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 07:15 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

So your saying no matter what you do you will always have injectors going out, even with aftermarket ones or honed nozzles? I would love to keep my truck but just exploring my options. The truck I'm lookin at is 12,500 and the cash would take out the loan on my current truck, thus freeing up some cash.

Thanks to Tyler @ www.meyerperformance.com
Thanks to Chad @ http://www.alligatorperformance.com/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...?id=1210592953

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDiesel View Post
I hate to derail, but how do you get a quote in your sig?
Like this^^^^^^^
Kroggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 07:17 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

There is no real fix for the LB7 injectors-- just keep the filters changed and buy clean fuel. Many have never had problems, but if they go bad, it is a lot of labor to change them and is costly.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 07:17 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

thast alot brother i paid 12 for my 04 with 160k
Exhaust: 5" downpipe, 5" exhaust factory exit no tip. Bd manifold. Everything heat wrapped.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroggs View Post
So your saying no matter what you do you will always have injectors going out, even with aftermarket ones or honed nozzles? I would love to keep my truck but just exploring my options. The truck I'm lookin at is 12,500 and the cash would take out the loan on my current truck, thus freeing up some cash.
yes and no! I had 130k on mine before they went, and there are others that have not had any issues with them.

01 Dmax CC, SB, 2wd
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent". - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraskank View Post
So basically this is the only time I'm allowed to call you a giant douchebag pickle smoocher without getting an infraction.

2012 Duramax Forum Best Troll Award Winner for Promoting Jmaz to Admin

deeretracks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 07:20 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

my 03 lb7 has 400k*just fried a computer* with just a nozzle cleaning
Old 01-23-2010, 07:28 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I had 180,000 miles on mine befor my original ones went bad! if they go bad go bigger I would have but warrenty covered mine!
Mods: transparts stage IV, S/C 1056 converter (built by me), EFI live w/ DSP2, LBZ fuel pressure regulator, 5" flo pro exhaust 6" dual wall tip, airdog 150, PPE billet pickup tube, K&n cold air intake, LB7 mouth piece mod, tripple piller gauge mount w/ fuel pressure,egt and boost, GM touch screen navigation, extang soft bed cover, tow mirrors, debadged
Wheels & Tires: 20"x10" eagle wheels and 33"x12.5"x20" nitto mud grapplers
03lb7dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.