newbee with a 01 duramax ? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
afr

Location: across the street from the palm auto mall /chevy trucks
newbee with a 01 duramax ?

i keep having tha same problems with this truck since new
now its getting worse
i had the dealer replace the injectors then it took them 8 times to fix the problems they caused and the things they broke but never fixed the problem now they wont stand behind there work
the truck is getting worse and harder and harder to start hot
i can get it re fired with starting fluid
whats the scoop on these things is there a way to fix the injectors looks like ill have to get a book and do the job myself

also none of the dealers can pressure test the fuel system so how can they just throw parts at it and charge us for something they dont have the tools to check in the first place
i was told by the manufacture the fuel system is checked one time on the line at thats it

now what should i do

there is a lot more to the story with the not so hot dealer but as it is right now i just need to know what its going to take to fix the truck right then ill take care of them in court i did not spend 45000 dollars to have a truck that dont run right and be tottaly un dependable what if i had an emergency and the truck wont start
sorry to be so long winded but this has been going on since 2001
afr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

First, you need to find a place that can check the return rates on the injectors. If they check out fine, then you need t have them command the Rail Pressure to 160mpa and see if it can at least hold 158mpa at idle.

If it has high return rates on the injectors, they need replaced.

If it does not have high return rates on the injectors, but it can not hold at least 158mpa rail pressure, you need to replace the CP3 pump.

You never said the amount of miles between injector changes!

Also you really need to quit putting starting fluid in your truck, unless you want to replace the engine

Are you taking it to a Dealer, or just a shop. I can not see a dealer not having the proper tools to run the test's I mentioned above.

Just a few aftermarket goodies
mijdirtyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
afr

i got a poo93 code and a p0307 code po540 code p1781 code class 2 serial communication problem code 91000
yes i been taking it to palm chevy here across the street
they replaced the injectors less then 6000 miles ago but its been a year since they done it so they wont stand behind the repair they want to replace the injector pump the truck only has 98000 miles on it as it is
scott
from what the manfacture told me thats all they can check is the fuel rail not the cp3 pump

Last edited by afr; 07-28-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:31 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by afr View Post
i got a poo93 code and a p0307 code po540 code p1781 code class 2 serial communication problem code 91000
yes i been taking it to palm chevy here across the street
they replaced the injectors less then 6000 miles ago but its been a year since they done it so they wont stand behind the repair they want to replace the injector pump the truck only has 98000 miles on it as it is
scott
from what the manfacture told me thats all they can check is the fuel rail not the cp3 pump
P0093 "large fuel leak detected" INJECTORS! Could of been a poor install job, and dirt already wiped them out. Did they replace all 8? Some dealers only replace the bad ones

P0307 "Fault Cylinder C-Misfire Detected (CYL7)" I would check to make sure the wires are tight on top of the injector or the harness is plugged in good and tight.

P0540 "Manifold Intake Air Heater Circ" first make sure the Tech did not remove the wire and forget to put it back on. If that is not the case, you can take it out and check for continuity.

P1781 "Eng Torque Signal Circ" again might just be a loose wire, I am unsure where this one is located, think it takes it off the trans/Torque converter though.

Just cause it only has 98k on it does not mean the CP3 is not bad, but you are not throwing any codes to lead me to believe it is "P1093/P1094"

Heck I got one I am working on with the same amount of miles and it has a bad CP3

I would find a new dealer or shop to take it to to diagnose and then you have proof of poor service preformed by the first dealer.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
afr

yes sir ill do just that thanks for your reply
yes they replaced all 8 then had to go in a replace two of those as well
all the while they started a fuel leak and never could find it till finally it filled the crank case full of fuel the guy broke my air box and the top of the dip stick off had clamps mis allied etc so who knows what crap they screwed up i told them that it was not fixed from day one they still wont stand behind it thats just sad business i even know the owners and called them and didnt get a return call
im going to have it checked out at joes here in town
is there any special tools i would need to just replace everything myself injectors and the cp3
i was always taught fix everything that way it dont come back never just patch it it always comes back to bite ya i only want to do this one time since i have to do it myself

Last edited by afr; 07-28-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

[quote=afr;803924]
Quote:
yes sir ill do just that thanks for your reply
yes they replaced all 8 then had to go in a replace two of those as well
all the while they started a fuel leak and never could find it till finally it filled the crank case full of fuel
Well sounds as if they did a poor install job, which means you are going t have too put new injectors. Or did not get the fuel lines tight on the injectors and it is leaking. Hard to say without looking at it myself.

Quote:
is there any special tools i would need to just replace everything myself injectors and the cp3
No special tools for either, unless a injector cup pulls a little, and then you might need a puller to get it the rest of the way out. It is just time consuming and not that hard at all. Here is a link for DIY injector install.
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/di...-pictures.html

Quote:
i was always taught fix everything that way it dont come back never just patch it it always comes back to bite ya i only want to do this one time since i have to do it myself
That is a good words to live by

Old 07-28-2010, 08:41 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
afr

thanks man wish me luck but like i said i leave no stones unturned i might even upgrade the cp3 pump since im going in there anyways
whos got a good repair book on these with a locater book

the book says 13 hours i think on the cp3 pump is there a warrenty time as well
i know sometimes there are short cuts on assemblys that dont have to come completely apart
Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I am n help as far a a book, I am a pull it apart and see how it works type of guy

Old 07-28-2010, 09:39 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
afr

did anyone do a post on doing the cp3 pump
i seen its down in the lifter valley
Old 07-28-2010, 10:34 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Banned

I am also looking for a DIY write up on doing the CP3.
DieselFuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.