04 lb7 low oil pressure - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 09:26 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

04 lb7 low oil pressure

The oil pressure gauge on my 04 LB7 is ready really low oil pressure. When it is started cold it reads 60 psi. At operating temp it reads about 30 psi at 70mph but will drop to ear 0 psi at idle and the DIC displays low oil pressure. I took it to my mechanic and his computer didn't get an oil pressure reading at all. He installed a new sending unit still no oil pressure tried a different cluster still no oil pressure. Manual oil pressure check shows oil pressure is at normal levels both cold and hot. Any ideas on the issue could it be the ecm or possibly a short in the system some where. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
2008 Chevy 2500HD cc/sb. Duramax LMM, 6" Fabtech lift sittin' on 35's, Bilstein Reservoirs, custom paint, aftermarket nav, Edge Insight CTS, Airdog II 165,5" Straight piped, profab egr delete, EFILive DSP5 by Idaho Rob.

SOLD! 04 chevy 2500HD cc/sb. Duramax LB7, EFILiveDSp5 tuned by "Idaho Rob", Edge Insight CTS , K&N CAI, 4" exhaust, Airdog II 165, ppe boost valve, Nicktane with cat.
RustyWaterDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Help!!!!!!!!

I got almost the same scenario!! Lost oil pressure at a stop light, one night about a mile from my house. I Manually shifted and kept the RPMs up till I limped it home. In the morning I pulled my dip stick and the Level was all the way up the stick. Lots of Diesel. I scanned my truck and it said Open circuit, #7 injector or somthing like that. I replaced all my Odd injectors and everything was DISCO for 600 miles....(today) Driving back from lunch still Slightly paranoid, I looked at my oil pressure gauge while coasting down a hill and the NEEDLE WAS IN THE RED!!!!:gearjamin Checked my oil when I returned to work and no signs of diesel level was good. What the F
I already have a pillar gauge pod for Exhaust temp and Boost. I want a third for oil pressure. Does anyone know who sells a kit or who has what... Any suggestions would be appreciated. I pretty sure I have oil pressure but not sure haven't tested. Thanks Rick
ChevyHD001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2010, 09:17 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

BTW 03 LB7 Banks exhaust k&n six gun tuner, big head waste gate, speed loader
ChevyHD001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

hi i am new hear, but i do have a 2004 lb7 duramax and i had low oil pressure, when it was cold outside i would start it and it would run about 60 psi oil press, but when it got warm after driving it a while it would barely even come up on the guage, what had happened is my injectors were leaking diesel into my crankcase causing the oil to get thin thus causing low oil pressure, i never got any codes or anything, i replaced the injectors and now it never gets low again. hope this helps
max-it-out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Banned

Yes it souds like your injectors took a crap and dumped fuel into your oil.

Why did you only replace the odd number injectors?
JoeSmith21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

i lot of the times the gauge on your cluster is not always right they can be way off....coolant, oil, speedo, rpm,
www.GetSomePerformance.com , Dont you think its time you got some!
DuramaxBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 08:49 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

i had all 8 replaced not just the ones that were leaking
Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-it-out View Post
i had all 8 replaced not just the ones that were leaking
Yes, I was replying to the original poster.
JoeSmith21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 03:22 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

They tried a new gauge cluster and that didn't work so it's not the gauge. They can't even get a reading when they plug in there computer. No diesel in oil either. They are going to try the oil pressure regulator next. I truck has oil pressure it just won't read and display it. Thanks for the responses.
2008 Chevy 2500HD cc/sb. Duramax LMM, 6" Fabtech lift sittin' on 35's, Bilstein Reservoirs, custom paint, aftermarket nav, Edge Insight CTS, Airdog II 165,5" Straight piped, profab egr delete, EFILive DSP5 by Idaho Rob.

SOLD! 04 chevy 2500HD cc/sb. Duramax LB7, EFILiveDSp5 tuned by "Idaho Rob", Edge Insight CTS , K&N CAI, 4" exhaust, Airdog II 165, ppe boost valve, Nicktane with cat.
RustyWaterDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.