Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

help please!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  usafduramax 
#1 ·
alright im stumped on this, my truck has been throwing the code p1093 as long as i can remember, i changed my fuel filter, and it still popped up so i changed the fuel rail pressure sensor thinkin that might be messed up. not the case. i used my predator chip to look at my balance rates in my injectors, im gonna ask yall to bear with me here because im in the military and right now my truck and i are seperated, and im tryin to figure out if its a serious issue that i should get it done asap next time im home. if i remember right 6 out of8 injectors were in the 3.1 and 2 were 2.7. now i know that injectors are coming to mind, but i also had a nother code that got thrown p1094, now if my research is right from best i can tell i may have a cp3 going bad. my original thought before i checked my injectors was the truck fuel system couldnt support the demands of my chip, so i was going to by a ad 2 and stick it on there. i know everyone talks about smoke color and diesel fuel in oil, smoke on start up is a little black puff righht after the engine turns over, then nothing more, its not blue or gray or white. its black smoke, normal colored. so heres what im thinkin may be the case, my injector rates are messed up not because the injectors are goin bad, just because the fuel pump isnt getting nough fuel to them to start out with and that in turn is making it look like bad injectors, maybe, so i was going to get myself the air dog like i planned and hope that since itll send more fuel to the pump the pump could in turn send more fuel to the injectors. or i could say fml and go to the dealer and hope that inspite of my truck being a 2002 that they give me a little sympathy because im not home very often to look after it and therefore do warranty work on my injectors. again my truck is showin no other symptoms, no ses light , no weird oil, no white or blue smoke, the only reason i noticed somethin was odd was because i used a predator to check my codes and injector rates(a note on this the truck was NOT on stock tune) . on another note, i took my truck to a non gm garage for my first real "dtc scan test" and they didnt say anything bout injectors, they said fuel rail pressure sensor hence why i changed it any and all thoughts are welcomed and are appreciated:help

See less See more
#2 ·
Well you could get the ADII and try that. If it doesnt work and you need injectors or a new cp3 you still have the ADII :rockin

#3 ·
i got a air dog II on order and coming in to be installed, but i mean the truck aint slow or nothing unusual, i used to drive 500 miles every weekend when i was stationed close to home and nothing ever came up, my ses light hasnt came on for it either, i just had my dad replace my fuel filter about 1 month ago but i havent been home to check my codes and he hasnt told about any check engine lights coming on. i mean from best i can tell it doent look like injectors but thats just me

#5 ·
no i wasnt thinking about that the last time i was back, i know i should be ashamed for not doing that, but the truck threw p1094 as well if that helps, i cleared it and didnt see it since

#6 ·
I just a CP3 pump in a truck last week with the same 2 codes. Truck now runs like a top, and the guy could not be more happy with it.

GM wanted to do $200 worth of diagnosis before they would replace the CP3 pump, and $1600 to do the work. I found him one "GM reman", and put it in for a total of $800, that included the labor and pump.:cool:

The P1094 code "Fuel Rail Pressure Low During Idle Or Deceleration Fuel Cut-off (DFCO)". Means you can not even make enough pressure at Idle, let alone full throttle "P1093".

PS: how long ago did you put in the FPR? If not long ago, I would be interested in buying it, seeing a new CP3 comes with one:drink

Or you can PM me as I might have a line on a 05lly pump "new" that you would just have to use your LB7 FPR on to make work:drink

#8 ·
fpr? i replaed the fuel rail pressue sensor, it goes on the drives side it just screws in to the fuel rail, its a pita to get to. i bought it from a company in oregon. the sensor was put in last june.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.