EGR delete kit? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Yea I've noticed it's not much more expensive than the other tuners I've been looking at anyways.

BTW Sweet truck!!!!
ebaker2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Usually when you get EFI live, the seller will give you a tune or 2 of your choice. Can't go wrong. Great vendors on this site that will help you. Its your option at that point on leaving that crap on or removing it. Removing it involves more than just a simple disable of the EGR function under Engine Calibration. It also requires a disabling of the DTC MIL and Test Enablers that deal with EGR function. The ECM wants to "see" the solenoids and all that junk and will throw codes if you remove them and have not disabled its functions within the Engine Diagnostics section of EFI live. Also there is one sensor (2nd baro sensor) just behind the fuel filter that you do not want to remove in any case or you will throw the P2227 (baro sensor performance code) and your engine will be gutless (been there, done that ). The ECM insists on "seeing" the sensor electrically and if it does, its happy. The rest you can remove if you want with EFI live.
GMC '04 2500HD SLE CC D/A LB7 SB Summit White, LineX, Nicktane, JK headlight harness, JK fuel pump and harness, Banks exhaust, EFI Live, intake horn mod, Suncoast 6 speed conversion, injectors at 112,265 (#8 again at 136K), ...and all 8 again at 168,368.
VW '02 Jetta Wagon TDI 6 spd ERF manual, DLC520 Bosio nozzles, Malone stage 2.
VW '01 Bug TDI 6 spd ERF manual, T-4 injectors, Malone stage 2 tuning. My FUN summer driver.
Fuel mileage? Who cares, its a diesel.
audiomixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

So what your basically saying is dont hassle with physically removing it and let efi live do the work?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:33 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Pretty much unless you are going to run a big tune with lots of boost and exceed 25PSI.
GMC '04 2500HD SLE CC D/A LB7 SB Summit White, LineX, Nicktane, JK headlight harness, JK fuel pump and harness, Banks exhaust, EFI Live, intake horn mod, Suncoast 6 speed conversion, injectors at 112,265 (#8 again at 136K), ...and all 8 again at 168,368.
VW '02 Jetta Wagon TDI 6 spd ERF manual, DLC520 Bosio nozzles, Malone stage 2.
VW '01 Bug TDI 6 spd ERF manual, T-4 injectors, Malone stage 2 tuning. My FUN summer driver.
Fuel mileage? Who cares, its a diesel.
audiomixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
I Sell Fireworks!
Supporting Member

Just curious, why would you want to remove the EGR if you were to exceed 25 lbs of boost? I found out over the weekend my truck is CA Emissions w. EGR so I'm just wondering if I do the EGR delete via EFI Live what are the consequences of running the truck over 25 psi of boost with the EGR valve/cooler still on the truck?

I just looked at some pics of a guys intake and valves after 30K mi with the EGR on and not blocked, wow those were nasty! I can't even imagine what mine looks like.

2003 GMC Sierra 2500 H/D LB7 (SOLD)
181K, AT, AMSOIL OIL AND AIR FILTER
pyromax1012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

^^^^^high boost levels will push valve open
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
MBRP, Diamond Eye, EFI live by Kory, FASS, S&B, Autometer, DHD, Magnaflow, ProFab, Banks, Edge, Cognito, Fuel, Nitto

Thanks to Tyler @ www.MeyerPerformance.com 812-344-4421
lutzjk913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)
I know nothing
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromax1012 View Post
Just curious, why would you want to remove the EGR if you were to exceed 25 lbs of boost? I found out over the weekend my truck is CA Emissions w. EGR so I'm just wondering if I do the EGR delete via EFI Live what are the consequences of running the truck over 25 psi of boost with the EGR valve/cooler still on the truck?

I just looked at some pics of a guys intake and valves after 30K mi with the EGR on and not blocked, wow those were nasty! I can't even imagine what mine looks like.
Like said above, it will push it open. A simple EGR blocker plate will fix this. I've had mine blocked for well over 2 years. I see about 35 psi on my race tune. I think I'm ready to delete the whole system. It has been proven to be a 30+ rwhp gain and my blocker plate is starting to leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaker2006 View Post
Yea I've noticed it's not much more expensive than the other tuners I've been looking at anyways.

BTW Sweet truck!!!!
Thanks!!! Its lots of fun and still gets the jobs done during the week!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:12 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
Lifetime Supporting Member

yeah I bit the bullet and just took of all egr parts n bought a full delete kit its deffinatly the way to go...theres so much more room in there now
SoCal Cam
Mahle Forged Pistons .040 ovr
Hamilton Rods
Floor it pump
Dipper sticks
ATS Trans/CoPilot/TC
Other Stuff...
seth999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

where did you get the full delete kit from??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.