Dual Heated Seats...Dont work - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 03:20 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Dual Heated Seats...Dont work

I just purchased my truck just recently, and both heated seats dont work. every time i push either buttoms the light will come on for a second and shut off. on very rare occasions it will turn on for a couple minutes and shut off. would like to get it fixed before winter. any ideas as to what it could be?

No Mods yet, will keep you updated
nh04LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 03:57 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Mine are doing the same thing. I did a lot of searches on the issue. It could be a lot of different things. Most people simply reply to these threads with the fix that helped them. It could be: exposed wire somewhere in the harness, one of the heating elements itself is burnt out or otherwise messed up, fuse issue, problems with the wires in the switches (in the doors themself), and the most common fix: new seat heater module (located under the seat). I remember their being a software issue too, but most of the older trucks at this point have been updated.

What's fun about my problem is I cut the wire in the harness under the seat because my heaters like to come on whenever they feel like it and cycle through the heat levels. Even with that wire cut, if I turn on my seat heater while moving the power seat, the seat heater will stay on as long as I'm moving the power seat. Once I stop pushing on the power seat, the seat heater will turn off.

'04.5 LLY CCdually, Cognito 6", Danville Tow Charger, Suncoast V, LBZ mouthpiece, AEM intake, EGR delete, FASS 150, Banks Intercooler, TxC V2 w/fan, 90 gallon transfer tank, double dynamatted interior, Frontier bumper replacements

'04 LB7 ECSB, Wife's truck, Cognito leveling kit, MKW 20's, Nitto Trail Grappler 33's, RDL mouthpiece, Tuning by Mark Broviak of Danville Performance, Parts from Nate at Performance Truck Products

Performance Truck Products
DrededSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 05:59 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

so mine is tunring it self off, only driver side meeses up, pass works until the driver side trips out and takes it with it.

So anyone have some part numbers? or mor direction? for such a know problem this forum just has random threads about it and know real fixes or pictures.
2004 Big Dog Chopper (Custom)
1996 Suzuki RM 250 (Built)

Mods to truck.
INtake, BullyDog Turbo back exhaust, Hypertech, and BullyDog Dominator. Fabtech 6 inch lift, 35's.
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
Lifetime Supporting Member

You're going to have to chase wires... that will diagnose the problem. Get a multi-meter, or at minimum a test light, and chase the hot wire. If it comes on, then shuts off... more than likely it's a short and the automatic overload control in the module is shutting it off. It could be any number of things causing the short. There could be a bad component in the module (diode, IC chip, resistor, transistor, etc) that you will not be able to find... or it could be a wire that has worn through its insulation over time.

Best thing to do is chase the wires, inspect every inch of them, and if it's not the wires... replace the module.

Added: If the switch is turning the module on... then odds are it is not the switch.
Gone! 4/25/2013
2013 Chev CC Z-71 LT DMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStepChild View Post
You want your exhaust to be like a fart. You can't see it but you know the effects of it.

If you can see your fart you got problems. If you can see your exhaust ...
XtremeDMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 01:12 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

the most comman problem is the heater seat elements , just lift the seat cover and look at the heater element, you can only ohm out the back ,
05 3500 ccdrw lly, complete lbz banks ram-air intake set-up with with super scoope, egr deleted profab intake elbow , diamond eye 4' duals , diamond eye down pipe and no kitty efi by full throttle customs , edge insight cts for gauges ,lbz mp. and fuildamper .pcv reroute,right and left side boost tubes, banks techi cooler ppe ported fitting , afe rear diff cover magtec trans pan ,does it ever end airdog 2 165 bd manifold, merchant transfercase brace and rub kit , transgo jr, custom convertor . earls 82510aerl for trans cooler ,hellwig bigwig rear sway bar , fleece tap shifter

www.alligatorperformance.com
www.merchant-automotive.com
www.madjacksynthics.com
happyduramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 06:11 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

my heated seats just don't work in the cold(go figure) neither do the seat position memories. never have a problem in the summer but they work every once in a blue moon in the winter time. mostly sucks when they quit working after my wife drives it. any info would be appreciated.
straight 5" magnaflow exhaust
predator tuner
air raid cold air intake
rear air bags
tint all the way around
thedirtymax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2010, 11:27 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtymax View Post
my heated seats just don't work in the cold(go figure) neither do the seat position memories. never have a problem in the summer but they work every once in a blue moon in the winter time. mostly sucks when they quit working after my wife drives it. any info would be appreciated.
Your key fobs should be numbered #1 and #2. Does the seat memory work when you press the unlock button for the individual fobs? If so, I would replace the control module. If they do not, I would look for loose wires, bad grounds, and then the module.
Gone! 4/25/2013

Quote:
You want your exhaust to be like a fart. You can't see it but you know the effects of it.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

the memory 1 and 2 buttons will beep if i hole them but they won't adjust the seats to what they memorized. nor do my seat controls work or the dual heated seats.
straight 5" magnaflow exhaust
predator tuner
air raid cold air intake
rear air bags
tint all the way around
thedirtymax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I would look towards the control module. You can ohm out the element too.
Gone! 4/25/2013

Quote:

Old 11-22-2010, 07:02 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

might sound stupid but for the memory seat thing, mine did this and i checked my programs on the dic and they were turned off. I turned them on and everything is back to normal. Except drivers side heated seat dont work.

04 LLY CCSB 4X4

battlegraduate09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.