Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Price check

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bfever74 
#1 ·
Guys, i've been sandbagging for a long time but don't post much so i apologize if this isn't in the right spot.

General question about truck values. Can you trust NADA values on these trucks? i'm wanting to upgrade from extended cab to crew and need to decide on a fair price for my current truck.

seems like when i look on Craigslist etc the trucks are priced much higher than NADA with tons of miles and my truck books for $13K with 110K miles.

Any advice appreciated, i hate selling stuff and dread this process.

FYI the truck is a '01 extended cab LS, duramax with Allison,4x4, 110K miles, in excellent shape (minus 1 rusty rocker and a cab corner starting to show signs), new tires, 5th wheel hitch, bone stock never modified.

thanks!

#4 ·
I'm thinking banks use the "clean trade in" value from NADA for the loan value of the vehicle, but that's not what people pay for it since the banks don't loan 100% of the value.

i've never been able to buy a used vehicle for the "clean trade in" value. Wish I could though!

#5 ·
In the end, it all depends on how aggressively you price it. Too high and no one will come and look. I would say $11,000 would be good for your truck. Especially, since it is an LS extended cab. Good luck. Let us know what you get for her.

#6 ·
Banks do use that for loan value, but it's also considered a "must go" price in the market. If you had to liquidate a vehicle, that's your price. So if you don't mind waiting to sell it, you can move up from there. Trucks selling at clean trade in don't last long, so they aren't always available. If you move up in price, you'll hope to sell when there are no trucks available at clean trade in.

Hope that makes sense

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.