Glow plug problem? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 04:09 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Glow plug problem?

03 gmc 2500hd duramax lb7, my batteries were low so i charged them then i started truck 6hours later and the check engine light came on..checked it p0380.. and now when i start the truck no mater if its hot or cold the glow plug light comes on and it starts funny like it revs alittle idles at 850 for a few sec. then drops to 750 and is fine..
jcdmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 03:48 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

had it plugged in last night and the glow plugs still came on? never has before! this truck is a cali emmision so im guess from what ive read oline i have have bad glow plugs?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:34 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I would try installing new glow plugs theyre only 11$ a peice i believe, just to be safe

"Big or small we boost them all"

04.5 QCLB NV5600
ARP 625s, Hamilton 188/220, HD Pushrods, 110 Springs, Banks Big Hoss, Banks tubes/Cooler, Flux 4.5s, ED 69, SD Mani, ATS Duals, T&C Wild Rail, Dual Feed, P&P Head, Amsoil Bypass, AD150, T Bars, Mag Hytecs, 20in Hoss XDS, SSR/EZ, Other supporting mods...
lb7smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 06:33 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Diesel Addict

not a 911 problem..
Old 12-30-2010, 09:48 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

now the truck starts and runs fine???? im gonna do batteries 1st if not that i hear gm covers the glow plugs for 10yr 200k miles so if it needs glow plugs they will do them and gm will pay.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:06 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
Lifetime Supporting Member

I don't believe the glow plugs are covered under that warranty... I think you are thinking about the injector warranty and that was 7rs/200,000 miles and most trucks are past the 7 year mark now.

Since you said you had a battery problem first, I think that your batteries are not holding their charge well enough and the voltage drop is messing with your glow plug controller. I am guessing you probably still have original batteries. Replace them.

If your problem persists, replace the glow plugs. They are cheap and you can do them yourself.
Gone! 4/25/2013
2013 Chev CC Z-71 LT DMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStepChild View Post
You want your exhaust to be like a fart. You can't see it but you know the effects of it.

If you can see your fart you got problems. If you can see your exhaust ...
XtremeDMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2010, 05:28 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

i read on this forum the glow plugs have a 200k 10yr warranty.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

they are not i believe i called my local gm dealer and they said they wont even warranty my injectors to 200k or glow plugs? soo..

04.5 QCLB NV5600
ARP 625s, Hamilton 188/220, HD Pushrods, 110 Springs, Banks Big Hoss, Banks tubes/Cooler, Flux 4.5s, ED 69, SD Mani, ATS Duals, T&C Wild Rail, Dual Feed, P&P Head, Amsoil Bypass, AD150, T Bars, Mag Hytecs, 20in Hoss XDS, SSR/EZ, Other supporting mods...
Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb7smoke View Post
they are not i believe i called my local gm dealer and they said they wont even warranty my injectors to 200k or glow plugs? soo..
huh they messin with you, cuz the injectors r 7year 200k and glow plugs 10yr 200k i confirmed with my dealer about the injectors cuz mine are giving me starting trouble but i was 6mo pass the 7yr. cuz my truck was built i guess in 2002.5.. as far as the glow plugs there is an 1-800# u can look up to call on this forum.. i was told the lb7 are covered for 10yr 200k. maybe theyre tryin to dick u around??
Old 01-02-2011, 09:42 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdmax View Post
huh they messin with you, cuz the injectors r 7year 200k and glow plugs 10yr 200k i confirmed with my dealer about the injectors cuz mine are giving me starting trouble but i was 6mo pass the 7yr. cuz my truck was built i guess in 2002.5.. as far as the glow plugs there is an 1-800# u can look up to call on this forum.. i was told the lb7 are covered for 10yr 200k. maybe theyre tryin to dick u around??
my truck was made in 07/01 and its classified a 01? but im gunna call gm directly and not try to go through the stealership , but thanks because i need new glow plugs in starts way to hard

04.5 QCLB NV5600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.