Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust, Programmer, or Banks CAI kit???

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  DSTRBD 
#1 ·
Well I'm 16, so don't really have that great of an income lol. Just need to know what order to get them in. Mainly should i get the exhaust or a programmer first? Thanks.

#4 ·
^^^^^^X2

:rockin:rockin

#3 ·
i would say exhaust also. you will love the sound and depending on how you do it, can be very cheap

#9 ·
Can you keep the dpf and gut it and still keep your warrenty with a delete programmer? I want the warrenty but also want the power and mileage. How in the hell can you beat the system???? Someone tell me! Ive been thinking about going to the dealer and see what they say. See what they will allow me to get away with! Hope i didnt hijack.

#13 ·
So with a programmer can i put it back to stock before service and they not catch it? The exhaust i can see its a no brainer. They can see a modified exhaust. I dont want to drag race my truck i just want the most mileage i can get out of it and not tear it up. You would think the factory would want that as well!

#14 ·
No the ecm would log that. No way to hide programming. My dealership could care less. They just do their job and don't ask many questions. I think hypertechs are known for mileage. My quadzilla stealth 2 gave me some helps with mpgs. That can be had for CHEAP and they offer dpf delete tuning.

#15 ·
Thanks! I think it is rediculous that if your not drag racing with your truck they shouldnt hold you liable for your warrenty for making it more fuel efficient. It should come from the factory that way.

#17 ·
I'm gonna go to the dealership and see just what they'll let me get away with. I'll let yall know when I find out.

#18 ·
fill out your sig with some basic info on your truck year make and model and list mods too. i'm young like you and budget is what it's all about. I want lift pump, exhaust, DP, and gauges. Got the programmer. gotta take it slow and easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.