Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Really odd problem with my 02

540 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Shifty8k 
#1 ·
Was driving home this morning when all of a sudden the battery, low fuel, and security started flashing on the dic screen. The water temp, transmission temp, fuel gauge and the volt meter also quite working. The abs, and the air bag light is on aswell. I have a cts2 and all of them are working correctly because I went though them and check it out. Also the PRND321 also isn't working. I checked all fuses, checked the ground under the cab. What's odd is my mph, and my tach still work. And it's also working down to the obd port because the cts2 is reading them just fine.

Would this be a bcm issue? Everything I've searched people have said that the cluster quits working all together, but a couple of mine seem to be working fine. While I was washing my floor mats I noticed that the floor board was wet ok the driver side (soaked through the carpet) I'm at a loss right now I've done as much as I can do with what I think could be wrong. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

#2 ·
Hello Shifty8k,

"While I was washing my floor mats I noticed that the floor board was wet on the driver side (soaked through the carpet)."

That wet carpet may be what the police call a "clue". I'm gonna rule out blinker fluid. 😄

Have you determined if the carpet is wet because of rain water or is it coolant?

Any indications of fluid dripping from the under the driver's side dash?

I'd rig up a hair dryer on LOW under the driver's dash, being careful not to overheat anything and let it run for a few hours. If "something" electrical has become soaked, the dryer may help bring things back to life, unless permanent damage has been done.

If the system boots back up, you may get lucky and just have to find the source of the leak.

Good luck!

#3 ·
It was raining water, did the taste test lol. I did also find the leak. It was coming from the seal for the door. I'm going to get some of the seal adhesive and take care of that problem this weekend. I guess when it rains it pours lol.

#4 ·
As of last night I disconnected both batteries and let it sit over night and for today. When I got home I hooked them back up and bang everything went back to normal

#5 ·
Good to know and thanks for reporting back!

Who knew "control, alt, delete" works for GMC! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.