Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

05 Duramax smaller allen head bolts reuse

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nickMA 
#1 ·
Hello, I am doing a headgasket job on our 05 duramax lly engine.We do a lot of heavy pulling. EFI live towing tune,50-75hp increase. I am planning on using the Victor Rine headgasket, and ARP studs. I have two questions. First- when using stud kit, do you reuse the 5 small allen head bolts that are along the top of the head. Get new ones from Dealer,or do these come with the ARP kit?
Second- When doing a EGR delete does it help to upgrade to a bigger intake pipe available with the delete kits, or is it not necessary? thanks For your time.

#2 ·
I think the little bolts you are referring to are in the kit. Here's a link to what comes in the 230-4201 ARP kit to verify we're talking about the same bolts. The larger intakes aren't needed unless you're looking to make some big power(1000hp +)
On a side note we also offer a LLY Duramax Head Gasket Kit that you can option in the ARP head Stud kit and get everything you need for the job with one purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.