Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

egr fault after injector change

3K views 39 replies 5 participants last post by  2003lbj 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Silverado Hd duramax. I just changed the injectors and it started and ran fine but it threw 2 egr faults the next day and started surging, i brought it home and pulled it into the garage and it stalled and now it will not start, i looked for any hoses or wires the might have come loose and didnt notice any. I checked the coolant level and it is low and i checked the oil level and it was also low. I filled the fluids but i cant get it started...any help?

#4 ·
Not sure. But mine definitely ran rough, and was gutless. I have an 04 with CA emissions as well, I will post a pic of how its connected soon for you to compare. That should help with egr codes. For it not starting at all, I would lean towards a fueling issue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Codes? On my 04 cali the egr will throw codes if the valve isn't opening so check the vacuum lines. I deleted mine so idk. Now on the no start, check air by making sure the intake is open. Fuel, check pressure when you try to start, verify you haven't loses prime.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust w/ 6 inch tip, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, fed Y Bridge.

#9 ·
God forsaken bundle of unholy sensors

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust w/ 6 inch tip, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, fed Y Bridge.

#13 ·
I plugged all mine when I removed the egr

#14 ·
X2 on prime, although you said it ran for a day, could be something simple as a loose fuel filter or bleeder screw. Make sure all fuel lines are tight. From what I have read here, its possible to suck air into the fuel system from a loose fitting without a visible leak due to pressure.

#16 ·
Ok back to the sensor bundle. I can't remember where these went from when I deleted the egr. My egr is gone but I need to know where other two lines go. There is the port for the intake mani, is it the one on the y bridge? And does the baro sensor need a line to something or what.

#17 ·
#24 ·
True, it just needs to be connected electrically to be "seen" by the Ecu. If disconnected, eventually you might throw a p2127 barosensor code and your performance will noticeably diminish.

#21 ·
I went out when I got home to my shop and traced the lines. One line goes to the egr mechanism, which was removed. Two goes to the barometric sensor which is an independent unit. Then three, the line in question went to the egr cali model y bridge. A part I replaced with a custom unit in the last injector swap when I removed all egr hardware paperweights.

#22 ·
The blue line runs from the top right(driver's side) solenoid, to the valve on the y bridge. Actually I really don't even know what to call that valve there. It's pictured (I know it's dark out). If you are running a Fed y bridge I don't believe you have it there.

#23 ·
I have a custom bridge and the only port is for the map sensor so we are good. I tore all that loom apart and seperated the sensor and everything and the loom was drenched in oil from when I replaced the dryer. Oil must have been soaking the baro sensor cause on the stock tune the truck hauled ass on the way in this morning after cleaning it.

#26 ·
The befor and after all related to the cp3. Before is all low pressure, after is all high pressure. Any clamp connections go replace with cable clamps no ensure tight seals. Make sure filter is on tight. Get a billet bleeder screw if you insist on keeping the filterhead. Follow the line all the way back

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, custom tuning on v2 by Rick Fletes, 33x12.5 nittos at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, Custom Y Bridge.

#28 ·
Easier to get new 1/2 fuel line from local store

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, custom tuning on v2 by Rick Fletes, 33x12.5 nittos at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, Custom Y Bridge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.