Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Please help. Couple injector install Q's

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  03dmaxlb7life 
#1 ·
Just recently put my injectors back in on the passenger side. Do you guys normally do anything to clean at the bottom of the cup? I did not. I also placed the copper washers on the ends of the injectors and then placed them down into the cup at the same time. Is this ok??

#2 ·
Just make sure you took out the old washers and well should have inspected to see if any of the cups lifted up. Lastly; I would brush on some antiseize on the injector body just in case you have to remove them in the future.

#3 ·
I put all new seals and washers in. All the cups were not protruding at all. There was a small amount of fluid at the bottom just puddles up since its at a 45, I just didn't want to stick anything down there. Also I read after the fact that people set the washer in first, then put in the injector. I put the washer on the injector and then lowered it down. That's okay?

#4 ·
Yeah you should be fine, in situations like this I use a bit of never seize and trap the washer to the injector and then slide everything in. Did you make sure you took out all of the other of washers?

#5 ·
I like to make sure the injector cups are very clean because the only thing sealing the combustion chamber is the copper ring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.