Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Turbo wheel install- Help

13K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  nhraracer90 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I am in the process of installing a new FPR and I took the y bridge of to make everything easier. I was thinking of installing a new wheel (batmowheel/wicked wheel)/ What is the best way to get the bottom bolt off the turbo casing? I want to leave the turbo in the truck. The other bolts look like they will come off not horribly. The bottom bolt is very close to the oil drain I believe and it doesn't feel like you can get a socket on there. Any help would be nice. Thanks!

#2 ·
Ok this is a tricky one. Take off your compressor and fold it out of the way, get a universal swivel and wrap electric tape around it to make it rigid. Using wobble extensions get a combination to go from the compressor mount, under the coolant tube, and right into the bolt. With this method that bolt is the easiest for me.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust w/ 6 inch tip, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, fed Y Bridge.

#3 ·
Ok this is a tricky one. Take off your compressor and fold it out of the way, get a universal swivel and wrap electric tape around it to make it rigid. Using wobble extensions get a combination to go from the compressor mount, under the coolant tube, and right into the bolt. With this method that bolt is the easiest for me.

Are you talking about the bottom bolt on the turbo to remove the front housing? Thanks

#4 ·
Yes the bottom bolt that seems like impossible to get to is in fact the easiest. Bottom right of the horn

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust w/ 6 inch tip, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, fed Y Bridge.

#6 ·
Hold on

#7 ·

Take off the ac compressor and stick a series of universal and wobble extensions with the correct socket. Shallow, and put a singe piece of tape across the top so the bolt stays in. The sextensions will go on top of the ac compressor mount. Snake under the coolant crossover (black) pipe, and look down at the horn and guide it onto the bolt. Loosen it and that's all she wrote. Go ahead and take off the iah module

#8 ·

Take off the ac compressor and stick a series of universal and wobble extensions with the correct socket. Shallow, and put a singe piece of tape across the top so the bolt stays in. The sextensions will go on top of the ac compressor mount. Snake under the coolant crossover (black) pipe, and look down at the horn and guide it onto the bolt. Loosen it and that's all she wrote. Go ahead and take off the iah module

I think we may be talking about something different lol. I am trying to install a batmowheel. I have the horn off with the 3 bolts. That wasn't bad to get off. I'm trying to the the front of the turbo off for a turbo wheel install.

Attachments

#9 ·
Oh, that's more difficult

#10 ·
You have to pull the turbo for that. There is a diy online somewhere

#12 ·
Yes sir

#14 ·
Did you get a gasket for the turbo horn

#15 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.