P0093 code - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

P0093 code

Will a fuel regulator or lift pump issue throw a P0093 large fuel leak code? New injectors, harness etc... Mechanic has checked everything with his scanner (moving picture) and says everthing checks good. I'm stumpped on this one.
AMSOIL bypass oil system
mferris72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 11:46 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

did he check your balance rates w/said scanner?
gold star of excellence award winner 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraskank View Post
5" = deeper sound. 4" = more of that pissed off two owls havin angry sex dmax sound at WOT.
a proud owner of a pound seven
usafduramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2011, 12:21 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Yes he did, but I'm not sure he checked all the presures. We could not get the truck to duplicate the problem on our ride. I'm going to talk to him more this afternoon and have him check the Pump/regulator/balance etc...I have 185,000 on the truck with about 20,000 on the new injectors. This problem has been popping up off and on for a while now. Seems to happen when I tow or accelerate up a steep hill. P0093 code drops into limp mod, clear with my scanner and everything OK. No concistency as to when it may do it again. This weekend I was out with my 5th wheel on a 350 mike trip and it did it 15-18 times each way. I'm sur e the pump is original so I may just have it changed. Any help will be appreciated
AMSOIL bypass oil system
Old 04-26-2011, 06:12 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferris72 View Post
Yes he did, but I'm not sure he checked all the presures. We could not get the truck to duplicate the problem on our ride. I'm going to talk to him more this afternoon and have him check the Pump/regulator/balance etc...I have 185,000 on the truck with about 20,000 on the new injectors. This problem has been popping up off and on for a while now. Seems to happen when I tow or accelerate up a steep hill. P0093 code drops into limp mod, clear with my scanner and everything OK. No concistency as to when it may do it again. This weekend I was out with my 5th wheel on a 350 mike trip and it did it 15-18 times each way. I'm sur e the pump is original so I may just have it changed. Any help will be appreciated
it may be the pump or the fpr as you stated, only thing that's not there that makes me 100% one way is there is no other codes associated w/it like p0089 or p0194. (fpr codes/pump codes) if you do decide to do a pump change i recommend you take a weekend and do it yourself(it can be done ask me how i know and its cheaper than dishing $$ out) and i would look on here first at someone who upgraded to a bigger pump or is doing a part out, injector pumps aren't cheap but i got one for 200$ WITH an fpr. (you may as well change both if you can)
Quote:
5" = deeper sound. 4" = more of that pissed off two owls havin angry sex dmax sound at WOT.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I stopped by the shop today and talked some more with the mechanic. He's off friday so he's going with me for a drive. I'll tow my RV all day until it repeats with his scanner attached. Maybe that will give him a starting place. So I should bet a code if the FPR or pump is bad? Hummmm....Normally I would change the Pump/FPR myself, but unfortunatly I'm not at home. 1700 miles from home visiting friends and family in New Mexico. I have to be in Florida for my son's wedding 25 June so I have to get this fixed. Even though this is gonna cost me a bundle, the shop I'm at is treating me great and was refered by a friend. Hope they can fix it. Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you posted.
AMSOIL bypass oil system
Old 04-26-2011, 08:45 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Hey usafduramax
I just noticed you are USAF. So was I 26 years Active Duty and 15 more Civil Service as an Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic 2A799. small world!!
AMSOIL bypass oil system
Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferris72 View Post
Hey usafduramax
I just noticed you are USAF. So was I 26 years Active Duty and 15 more Civil Service as an Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic 2A799. small world!!
2a531c c5 crew chief lol. good luck w/the issue
Quote:
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I found this info on the forum. I'm gonna try this seems like a good start

Found a Fix for P0087, P0093 when under a load

I FOUND A FIX FOR THE PROBLEM-COST ME $50 IN PARTS, LESS THAN AN HOUR OF MY OWN TIME, AND $30 FOR A TECHS ANSWER ON Ask Question & Experts Answer You ASAP! Name Your Price, Get Online Answers & Help - Just Answer!!!!!!! GM BULLETIN #PIP4526!!! Go to a GM dealer and ask them to print out this bulletin for you and do the repair. I had to order the hose (special kind) from a distributor of the supplier listed in the bulletin-$6 a foot x 3 ft (more than enough) + shipping, use standard hose clamps from a local autoparts store-2 clamps on each end of the hose.

When my husband got under the truck and looked at the section down by the tranny there were 2 spots in this 1.5 ft area that were soft and collapsed, replaced the section per the bulleting last night, went thru Jellico Mountain today with a camper like usual and the code DIDNT set.

What happens is after the hose gets good and hot (4-6 hrs driving), it softens and then collapses when you put the truck under pressure with a load---this cannot be duplicated in a shop with any testing due to special circumstances---unless someone is gonna hang underneath your truck while you drive down the road and watch to see if it collapses (LOL), which is why no one can figure out this problem. The $50 for the parts is worth the try...worked for us.

If anyone has any questions you can email me at "armorgan@core.com"...I will be more than happy to help. I would like to thank Hal at Eisinger Chevrolet in Columbia Falls, Montana for leading me to this bulletin for the fix!!!

(this bulletin actually has pictures of where the hose sections are located but they wouldnt transfer onto here, so have a GM dealer print it out for you)

#PIP4526: Diesel Engine Fuel Line Repairs - keywords DTC hose kink loss P0087 P0093 P1093 pipe power reduced repair restrict restriction SES suction supply vacuum - (Nov 7, 2008)

Subject: Diesel Engine Fuel Line Repairs

Models: 2001-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic

2001-2007 GMC Sierra Classic

2007-2009 Chevrolet Silverado

2007-2009 GMC Sierra

Equipped with the 6.6L Diesel Engine RPO codes LB7 LBZ LLY LMM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A dealer may need to perform a repair on the rubber portion of the fuel supply (suction) lines. The rubber section of the line could become kinked or collapse. Fuel lines that kink or collapse may induce a fuel system restriction (high vacuum gauge readings) or DTCs P0087, P0093, and/or P1093 to set.

If a technician was to suspect the rubber portion of the fuel feed line collapsing or kinking, replacement of only the rubber line is acceptable.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Complete the steps below to repair the rubber section of fuel supply line:

Carefully cut, split, and remove the OEM crimp from both ends of the flexible hose. These crimps can be cut with a small cut-off wheel. Split the crimp into two pieces (use your discretion on first cut location, then cut directly across from, or 180 degrees from first cut). Special care must be taken not to damage the flare on the end of the steel pipe that will be reused.
Remove the OEM crimps and flexible portion of hose from the existing supply line.
If replacing the rubber section of the supply line, a 1/2 ID hose meeting SAE specification 100R3 is suggested. Dealers may be able to find a local supplier for this hose, or can contact the manufacturer Parker Hannifin. The replacement hose would be a 1/2" diameter Parker part number 601-8 or H017-8. To find a local distributor the Parker website can be accessed at Please wait while we redirect...
Use worm type hose clamps (use double clamps on each end) to attach the replacement hose to the existing pipe.
The locations of the flexible hoses are pictured below.
AMSOIL bypass oil system
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Well we put it on the rack this weekend and relaced all 4 sections of the rubber hose from the fuel cooler to the fuel filter and found the one up front going to the fuel filter had collapsed. The one going over the transmission was soft and appeared to have been subject to alot of heat. I took my RV for a run this weekend and so far so good. Even if it didn't fix the problem, the lines deffinatly needed replace. Mines a 2001 and is 11 year old hose in the western US is dry and worn out.
AMSOIL bypass oil system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.