Quadzilla stealth 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Quadzilla stealth 2

I recenlty purchased an 01 Duramax 2500HD Silverado. I also purchased a Quadzilla stealth 2 programer from a member here on this board.

I got the quadzilla today and read the instructions. You have to pull certain fuses to install the programer. The directions are as clear as MUD!

For the 2001 6.6 Duramax, you must pull the RDO 1 fuse, RAP 2 fuse, adn the SEO IGN fuse.

Now, the directions say that the 2001-02 is an interior fuse removal. I've no idea where the interior fuses are located? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have looked under the passenger and driver side and found nothing yet. I pulled the passengers side cover off and found nothing that looks like it holds any fuses. The drivers side had something that looked promising, but it was a box with wires running to it, no fuses???? HELP please And yes, I have searched...and searched on a few other sites in addition to this one

Under the hood, I have found an electrical center and found the RAP 2 fuse, that's it. I did see two SEO 1 & SEO 2 fuses and an RDO AMP fuse, but that is not what Quadzilla said to remove.

has anyone here put a Quadzilla on their 2001-02 Duramax?

Can anyone help me find my interior fuse box, please. I did find the fuse box under the hood and the only fuse I found was the RAP 2 Fuse...

Thank You.

Last edited by Raiden; 10-04-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

You dont need to pull any fuses, just turn everything off radio,ac, etc. and dont open the doors

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
EFI Live/DSP5
ADII 165
B&W Turnover
OKdrtyDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

The directions say to pull RDO1, RAP 2, and SEO IGN and failing to do so can cause damage to the ECU.

This is what the instruction manual states;

If the required fuses are not pulled you could suffer ECM damage.
* Note: If you have an aftermarket radio installed you must pull the radio fuse too.
* Note: This step does not apply to the 06-10 Duramax engines.

Last edited by Raiden; 10-04-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

The directions say to pull the fuses, but its not necessary. Just turn everything off and youll be fine. I do it all the time in my lb7
EFI Live/DSP5
ADII 165
B&W Turnover
OKdrtyDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 02:48 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

to answer your question the fuse panel is on the side of the dash. you will see it when you open your drivers side door. pull off the cover and there ya go.
lifted 2 inches with cognito leveling kit, on 285/75/16 BFG Km2 ,EFI Live,PPE boost valve, S&B intake, 5 inch MBRP Exhaust, Airdog 150, Batmowheel, modded CP3 6000K Highs Lows and Fogs, Debadged and trimmed
countryboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Thank you guys for the help.

Quadzilla stealth 2 is installed. I could not beleive how much power the 135 setting produced. Love the power, but I got my chip primarily for econo-mode as I drive an hour each way to work. My MPG must be pretty good. I used 1/4 tank swapping between all the different modes and I was not easy on the throttle and I still got 18 mpg. I'm curious to see what I'll get freeway driving with the economy mode.

Thanks everyone
Old 10-06-2011, 03:06 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

tuner not a chip. chips go with lunch

06 cclb 3500 single lbz
cuse diesels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.