Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Anyone put a LML exhaust manifold on an LB7?

58K views 76 replies 40 participants last post by  lb7Hoodman 
#1 ·
GM sells a LML exhaust manifold shipped to your door for $70(seventy dollars) that looks to be very similar as the BD Full Bore manifold for retails for $300+ minus shipping.

Am doing injectors & cups early next week. Replacing stock downpipe w/ MBRP and want to do the drivers side manifold at the same time.

It doesn't have the "dent" BD has and am hoping someone's done one successfully before I order it here.

#5 ·
Lower EGT's, more balanced engine efficiencies & slight MPG gains. The stock drivers side manifold is restricted comapred the passenger side.

#6 ·
@ i_keiser - Part # 12637647

#10 ·
i have one on my truck it bolts up just fine but i didnt have gauges before so i cant give you an egt before and after but i just wanted to get the restrictive stock one off imo its worth the $70 or $100 which is what i paid

#12 ·
#13 ·
Wow, that's a deal over the BD one!

#16 ·
Yep bout to order mine now...

#17 ·
Well I need a CV so what the hell. Got this truck's going to suck cash outta me faster than Paris suck the c....... oh, Nevermind. :rofl

#20 ·
It fits them all........

I got mine from my local GM dealer for 73 bucks...................

#21 ·
has anyone noticed an honest to god difference with this?? i really don't see a improvement to merit buying the manifold and installing it. how much do EGT's drop on that bank??

#24 ·
Have you seen the 2 side by side?

There is a Pretty drastic difference in internal volume on the LML piece over the others. It is a no brainier once you see the difference between the 2..............

#29 ·
Just pull your passenger side fender liner out and all the bolts are right in front of you.

#28 ·
GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts pissed me off and I did NOT have a good buying experience there. I ordered that LML manifold a week ago Friday and after 8 days & 2 emails they finally shipped it out yesterday UPS freight. When you order their products, they only take Visa or MC, they require the purchase ship it to the address on the CC billing not another location like my diesel shop, you can NOT pay for overnight or expediting shipping and they hide their 7-10 day shipping terms in fine print not readily available at the time of purchase. If you've got time to wait, great but if you need that product, buy it elsewhere.

They have phenominal pricing, however, if you need it in a pinch or soon, buyer beware.

#30 ·
I bought mine from my local GM dealer for 73 bucks..........

No shipping involved, just a hand off...........

#34 ·
I haven't done it myself but I was just in there doing my downpipe and there is plenty of room around the manifold. I hope someone with a dyno does a before and after to see if there is any noticeable gains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.