Profab turbo intake horn *Pics* - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Profab turbo intake horn *Pics*

Just installed my Profab turbo horn. Was not fun, glad its done, dont care to do it again. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (150.5 KB, 1084 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (152.3 KB, 1070 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (82.7 KB, 1067 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (64.9 KB, 1071 views)
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (53.9 KB, 1068 views)
2004 Silverado LB7 CC SB LT, EFI Live DSP5 Tunes by Rob, Oil bi-Pass System, Airdog II 165, MA pump Rub Fix, Allison Deep Pan/TranSynd, LML Exhaust Manifold,New Design Bosch Injectors, 6" RCD Lift W/Bilsteins, 35/12.5/20 Toyo MT's on 20x10 Moto Metal 955's, 4.10 Gears, MBRP turbo downpipe, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, Cognito braces, Rare Parts tie rods, Moog Idler/Pittman Arms, S&B CAI, Profab Turbo Horn, ISSPRO EV2 Boost/Pyro/Fuel Pres "A" Pillar gauges, PPE Boost Increase Valve,Tow Mirrors, Kenwood DDX418 w/Nav,Diamond Audio amps,subs and componets, 10" drop down DVD Player w/built in PS2, Remote start Alarm, 250 Amp HO Alternator..
steve142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

If your don't mind me asking, how much did it run you?

Sent from my Milestone X using AutoGuide.com App

2006 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited

2xxx Dmax - loading ...

SOLD - 2003 Silverado CCSB LB7, stock (for now), PPE Boost Valve, Hypertech Power Programmer III, GN, 285/75R16E BFG A/T's.
03Duramax4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 08:00 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

How long did it take you to install it? Any tricks you would do to make it easier if you were to do it again? Let us know what differences it makes for you.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

took about 3 hours. you have to pull the air cond compressor to be able to get a straight shot to the bottom bolt. its nice that the new horn is notched for 2 of the bolts because you would never be able to get the bottom 2 bolts started. the allen heads are kind of a pain in the ass, I had to cut down an allen wrench and stick it into a 6mm socket because there isnt room to get one of my allen sockets in there. I basicly had to make a few tools to pull it off. I rate it right there with installing my down pipe, very tight getting in there but the bolts are not like welded on there like the down pipe bolts. I took it for a spin and I did notice that the turbo starts spooling much earlier. I would like to get a load on it and see how it performs. As far as cost, I got it from the profab website, I think it was like 127.00 if i recall correctly..
2004 Silverado LB7 CC SB LT, EFI Live DSP5 Tunes by Rob, Oil bi-Pass System, Airdog II 165, MA pump Rub Fix, Allison Deep Pan/TranSynd, LML Exhaust Manifold,New Design Bosch Injectors, 6" RCD Lift W/Bilsteins, 35/12.5/20 Toyo MT's on 20x10 Moto Metal 955's, 4.10 Gears, MBRP turbo downpipe, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, Cognito braces, Rare Parts tie rods, Moog Idler/Pittman Arms, S&B CAI, Profab Turbo Horn, ISSPRO EV2 Boost/Pyro/Fuel Pres "A" Pillar gauges, PPE Boost Increase Valve,Tow Mirrors, Kenwood DDX418 w/Nav,Diamond Audio amps,subs and componets, 10" drop down DVD Player w/built in PS2, Remote start Alarm, 250 Amp HO Alternator..
Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Banned

Damn 3 hours? I can have mine off on on in 15 lol 10mm 1/4" drive and a universal joint on a 4" extension.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
ferdkila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I used the universal joints, the extensions, the whole bit. Maybe it just seemed like 3 hours, lol. I"m just glad its done and over with.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:31 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

I've been considering installing one, but haven't got around to it yet. A faster spool would be nice when doing some pulling. Seems like that bottom bolt on the right side would be the pain of the whole deal. Any issues with that wire loom/plastic holder that runs next to the horn??
Old 03-20-2012, 09:46 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

the botton right was the bitch, you have to go under that plastic holder, lift up on it a bit to get your extension through. you have to use a 1/4 drive with a universal joint, 3/8 drive is to big to get under it. the pain is trying to steer the universal joint with the allen socket to get into the allen bolt head. I put tape around the universal joint to make it a bit less flexable if that makes sence...
Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Ya I figured that would be the case. Think I'm going to go ahead and order one up. Might as well get it done so when the EFI Live goes on everything is set up right!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Does it make the turbo sound louder?
VighJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.