Power of a lb7 please need advice - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaxDEEJ View Post
Well we went in with efi live and changed values it was cold then basically with the fluid cold (0 degrees ) it wouldn't shift so we changed the values of the pressure it would basically tell the Tcm is was running accurate pressures Allison shifts and holds a gear of pressure hope that helps
IIRC the ally won't lock the TC until it hits a temp, is that what you are talking about? you can't change line pressures via software in the ally
JMAZ and the other guys on here, and my local shop in Greeneville TN Performance Auto Machine
11.7 116.9 on 37s
adeso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeso View Post
IIRC the ally won't lock the TC until it hits a temp, is that what you are talking about? you can't change line pressures via software in the ally
Yes I apologize it was the temp
04 lb7 EFI live 500hp Tune EDGE CTS ppe 160 lift pump ppe stage 5 trans AFE stg 2 Cold air 7 inch Fts spindle kit 60'' trac bars 20inch Fuel octanes , 4 to 7 inch dual tips ... shes a work in progress!!solddd!!!!

2012 Crewcab Duramax already in the shop for emissions woohoo
duramaxDEEJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)

Not sure why you would want to mess with that, you don't want to beat on it till it is warm anyways and that helps it warm up faster
JMAZ and the other guys on here, and my local shop in Greeneville TN Performance Auto Machine
11.7 116.9 on 37s
adeso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)

It's not that I wanted to beat on it it wouldn't shift out of park kept saying shift range inhibited until we changed that I had a brand new neutral safety switch put in so I knew it wasn't that
04 lb7 EFI live 500hp Tune EDGE CTS ppe 160 lift pump ppe stage 5 trans AFE stg 2 Cold air 7 inch Fts spindle kit 60'' trac bars 20inch Fuel octanes , 4 to 7 inch dual tips ... shes a work in progress!!solddd!!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

You have another problem if you had to do that to get it to move. Did you index the nsbu correctly?

Sent from my fone

built trans . S464 . AD2 165 . 7" stack
i_keyser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

Well it's all good now anyways back to questions at hand 71 mm won't work because its vvgt and dual fuelers because there for Lbz so yup I'm going with s366 with 20-30% nozzles

Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)

So not trying hijack the thread because it goes along with the question.....with my current setup I hit 500hp as well and the next upgrade is going to be a compound setup.

here is my question about a turbo upgrade.....Does the bigger the turbo mean more air and more back pressure? And if so does that mean that it will help with the "Black cloud"?

I love my truck and love my tune I just wish I could get rid of some of the cloud...that way no one would know that I just jumped on it to make it thru the light if you know what I mean.....lol
MBRP 4" stright exhaust + downpipe
Bill's Custom 4" Horn and Intake
Edge CTS used for gages
Nictane Adaptor
Stage V Transmission
EFI Tunes by Wade
Mr. Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 AM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)

I like my s366 and I have bigger injectors and a modded cp3. Put down pretty good numbers considering I have a stock bottom end. Great on the street and runs very clean. It is tuned very conservative to save my motor until I build the bottom end.
efi live tuning by ddp
mbrp exhaust
dual fuel feed line
and a couple other things
dynoed 716 hp 1284 torque
fastmax20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.