Turbo leaking oil after batmowheel install - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Turbo leaking oil after batmowheel install

This weekend I installed a batmowheel while I had my cp3 off and after all is said and done now have a oil leak between the turbo and exhaust housing where the v band clamp is located it move slightly out when trying to get it off but didn't come all the way out now its leaking oil pls help idk what I can do to fix this
1994 6.5- cold air intake,4in exhaust, 3 in down pipe, #9 ssd resistor, 80hp ssd chip, marine injectors, south bend clutch, solid mass flywheel
03dirtylb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

you may have had a bad turbo to begin with..check for shaft play first, it may be a seal that was either bad or you caused to go bad.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Well took a real close look after I posted and turns out to be leaking a the oil drain at least so I think now is their anyway to tighten the bolts with out pulling everything apart
1994 6.5- cold air intake,4in exhaust, 3 in down pipe, #9 ssd resistor, 80hp ssd chip, marine injectors, south bend clutch, solid mass flywheel
Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

i had the same problem. did you put new gaskets on the oil drain?
2005 lly cc/sb efi dsp5 w/ max effort, 4inch srt8 piped, 3 inch down pipe, ppe race fuel valve, banks hot side boost tube, ppe lift pump, egr blocked w/ cooler delete, pcv reroute, lbz m/p, batmowheel, infinity kappa doors and tweets on 600w, alpine type x on 3000w hifonics, 180 amp dc power alt., bfg altrn. Very soon to be built stock trans.
embs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Moved to LB7 performance-- not a 911 problem.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

does it make that big of a diffrence in it and how does it sound compaired to this cause im contemplating just spending the money and getting this
lb7Dstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

lb7Dstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

No I didn't change the oil drain gasket didn't have turbo off just took housing off..ended up tearing it down again and oil drain gasket was screwed of put new one on now it's got a small leak somewhere think I'm giving up and taking it to the shop......as of sound it is As loud or louder than my friend super b special on His Cummins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.