bigger injector help - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

bigger injector help

i am in need of some new injectors and im planning on going with 50 horse over injectors now i basically have a stock truck now i have a cold air intake an exhaust but im planning on doin efi live hopefully with in the next yr iif money permits soo my question is if i got with bigger injectors now before efi live 1 is it goin to hurt anything ? 2 ive been told they will b puttin more fuel i. an cud possibly get a very lil amount of black smoke?? 3 is there going to be any increase in power i was told the injectors wont show or come live untill i add efi
amc82286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 03:50 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I did 30% over injectors in mine a couple months ago. I have no tuning, and it will smoke a little right off the bottom before the turbo spools. I couldnt tell you if it will hurt anything because I dont really know. but mines seems to be running pretty good still! i have an intake and a boost valve as well. And with 33x13.5s mine will walk on my dads stock lb7 with stock tires.
Suncoast tranny rebuild kit with suncoast triple disk

Last edited by Crapmonstank; 12-03-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Crapmonstank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I was in the same boat on my 03' LB7 when it came time to replace the originals due to failure. I bought some 40hp overs and the only thing I noticed was the mechanic pull me aside with an evil grin and told me that the truck runs like a scalded dog.

I have no tuning and do not smoke at all that I can tell. I just replaced the fuel pressure regulator due to it causing the rail pressure to stay high and the truck dumping into limp mode. She's back to her old self with 180K on the clock 100% bone stock other than the injectors.
defects is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
I stay modding my dmax

i know this thread is kinda old. guessing no one wanted to all the new guys. i know what thats like still get that sometimes. please guys do all yourselves and your trucks a favor and get sum custom tunes for the bigger injectors. efi live ECM swap is only $400 from most good tuners and switch is $40. your truck will run better, smoother power, more power, more reliable, easier on the injectors prolong their life and engine life, better mpg the list goes on and on.
TUNING: built trans DSP5 by Tony @ Ridge Runner
FRONT END: built with stock joints
EXTERIOR: pretty far from stock
any questions just ask

New Bosch reman injector's from
Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Bonomax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

thank you and yes i went ahead with the bigger injectors got a lil more pep not much but recently talked to the guy that does efi live around here real good at tuning ( did my brothers 01 duramax) he gave me a pretty decent price soo looking to go ahead N move on that within the next month cant wait kinda nervous about the stock tranny but we shall see
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
I stay modding my dmax

good. you will be happy if the guy knows what hes doing. alls long as done alot trucks before you should be fine. stock trans 5speed allison can hold about 400hp. the big thing is on hottest tune be easy on the high speeds like 4th to 5th shift and 5th to 4th shifts. lower gear put less torque on trans and higher gears opposite put more torque on the trans
TUNING: built trans DSP5 by Tony @ Ridge Runner
FRONT END: built with stock joints
EXTERIOR: pretty far from stock
any questions just ask

New Bosch reman injector's from
Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Bonomax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

yea he knows what hea doin he has two pulls trucks an has tuned alota trucks did my brothers too an his turned out good im gunna tell him to make it stock tranny safe not sure i will have a hot street tune we will just have to see
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I just took the plunge and loaded a mild tune with a handheld tuner on my truck with the .40 overs and the difference is night and day. I'm not as heavy with the right pedal as I used to be but on a couple of test runs I was very impressed. I get a touch of black smoke if I'm taking off hard from a dead stop. I'm more shooting for mileage so I keep my foot out of it. Looks like mileage is heading in the right direction but I won't know till I fill up and calculate it out.
defects is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.