Ticket - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:14 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavillain View Post
That is a weird thing to use as the base line each one of our fire engines have different ratings. Our pickups (same as an ambulance just no mod) have different ratings the command truck is running 2 100watt speakers. But most ambulances run a single 100 or 150 watt speaker. While most police cars run 2 150s around here in MI

I know up here on orv trails and the dunes they have a flat 91 or 93 dcbl rating max and my yfz is below that and way louder than my lml now maybe matted under an overpass ill get to loud

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
my buddys straight piped lly passed the random decibel test at silver no problem
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
WAITING TO BE INSTALLED - PCV reroute, Ppe rear diff cover, inline filter kit
>>>build thread<<<
BorderlineReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 12:20 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
dat lly doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh429er View Post
I think this is apart of them trying to constrict diesels. Did you blow black at all or revving It out. I mean It's hard to tell a diesels straight piped unless you know what your looking for. Which cops don't lol
There is a HUGE diffrence between a straight piped dmax and a dmax with a muffler, I could tell you if one has a muffler or not from 3 blocks away
Air Flow:finger vanes, ported turbine housing, BatMoWheel, losend unison ring, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched up-pipes
Exterior: Rear Reunel bumper, leveled tow mirrors, HIDs (all on mod), ADP tie-rod sleeves, green tinted headlamp housings
Interior: 2 12" memphis car audio subs, custom sealed box and 2000 watt memphis amp, LED interior, dash and door lights-green, cobalt autometer pyro and boost piller gauges
Best Time: 13.92 @ 95 mph 1.96 60 foot
Work In Progress: 1969 Chevy Nova, built turbo 350, 283ci small block est. 550hp with 7500 rpm redline, caltracs, 4.11 ford 9" rear end, dual 3"exhaust
chevylovinfordtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:22 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Sounds to me like you pissed off a neighbor. For state trooper just to show up at your house and harass you is weird. But if you start the battle be prepared to get more tickets. Cause I'm sure you don't have a cat and have a programmer and such. I guy around me got pulled over in a mustang and was given about a grand worth of tickets for modified exhaust, "illegal racing components, tint, insufficient tire tread, and a couple more. All because he hassled the cop. Cop called the DOT and they red stickered it and had it towed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
3" mbrp downpipe
s&b cold air
kennedy diesel egr block
20x10 eagle alloy
305 nitto terra grapplers
dsp 5 tunes by idaho rob
autometer c2 egt and boost gauges
flipped trans cooler
FATBOY666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:47 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
Banned

Just add a second turbo and still keep the straight pipe
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderlineReckless View Post
my buddys straight piped lly passed the random decibel test at silver no problem
Yeah it's actually pretty loud those sand rails with ls motors are way louder.

My 87 with a 383 true dual h-pipe passes and it's annoying some times.

The thing I know with repair and report tickets are it has a fine but only if you don't fix it and you can get it checked a few times before they make you pay.

So simply report to the station get it checked. If it passes they sign off and no harm no fowl. If its over ask for the law's (I know some have cards for the popular ones like Window tint, radio noise, exhaust, tail lights ect) number and look it up make sure the Township or village doesn't have another stricter version and get it fixed.

My township is pretty strict on noise, only 1 area worse in all of west MI (grand haven) ill get the decibel rating we need to be below I was to say it's 100. Also they may say you need a muffler and the exhaust needs to go the entire length of the truck. That's not true in many many areas I has a Michigan State Police guy tell me that and I said pull over every box truck then they dump behind the cab like mine is (the old old farm truck was a 350)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
aFe Intake system dry filter
Ranch Hand Legend Grille Guard
parking assist sensor delete
275/70r18 Nitto Terra Grappler
Cognito leveling keys
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.