Ticket - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Ticket

Just got pulled over in my driveway by a trooper and was told my exhaust was to loud and had to fix it. He give me a warning but said next time it will cost 300 bucks. I just have a 5 in mbrp with no muffler guess ill put a muffler on and see what happens but still sucks
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I've never had issues with anything loud I've had. Straight piped gassers, 2 straight piped BMW's, megaphoned GSXR. Love living here.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
*EFI DSP5 By: PPEI *DE Downpipe & 5" Dump *ARP Studded *Pro-Fab Deleted *Custom Re-Routed *Alligator FPRV Plugged *DHD Braced & MA Sleeved *20x12 -44's *305/55/20 Terra Graps *LBZ MP, Intake & FPR *Kleinn Horns & On-Board Air *Paramount Restyling Grill *MA Pump Rub & M1 5w-30 *All-On Mod *Maintained

Willie @ Synthetic Motorsports
Kory @ PPEI
Eric @ Merchant Automotive
Jason @ Alligator Performance
e46_330i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Yeah I always tell everyone It's impossible to get to loud tickets, I've driven a 1.6l 4 with 1.5 inch straight pipe, 2 cars that the exhaust rusted through right after the manifold. I look forward to straight piping my DMax because It's not loud to me at all. I think I would be depressed if I was in your shoes. I don't know what the muffler market is but maybe a Resonater or glasspack would be easier to find.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:59 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Sounds like you got a cop having a bad day.
Should have asked him the last time his ears went in for decibal calibration.

It's not like these trucks sound like a straight piped Cummins.
4" turbo back MBRP by Pat at BT Diesel
lifted with 35s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblack03
Every time I hear someone say that their half-ton will tow as much as my 3/4 ton I just compare it to having sex with your cousin.......it can get the job done.....but the longterm effects can really F%$ something up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_LBZ View Post
A firefighter inherits a bad situation too, but you don't see him throwing gas on the fire...
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:18 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

They got my buddy with no muffler same price 300 buck told him to fix it
2006 2500 HD SLT ECLB, LBZ, LED tailights, black turn signals , black aftermarket headlights,265/75/16s uniroyal larados,Bilstein shocks,Banks 4inch exhaust, Cat adp and 2 micron cat filter , amsoil oil, pcv Re-route from alligator performance,And S&B air intake good to be driving a diesel again.

2002 Chevy silverado 2500 HD, LB7, traded it on a gasser and then traded it in for LBZ.
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:29 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I think this is apart of them trying to constrict diesels. Did you blow black at all or revving It out. I mean It's hard to tell a diesels straight piped unless you know what your looking for. Which cops don't lol
Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

My old car was 1 decibel quieter then a ambulance siren(what they use to rate in my county/state) and it was 10 times louder then my dmax, never got a ticket for my exhaust although I never get on it around a cop lol.
Originally Posted by Varty Yo View Post
My buddy had a roomba and his dog had shit on the carpet. Well the freaking thing mashed gooey shit all over the room all day long while the dog hid in the corner

SnafuPossum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:58 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

my straight pipe definately is a lot quieter than my true duals on my gasser but like said about i never really got off an idle around a cop be i knew it was loud, but i didnt think a dmax is loud enough for a ticket

2005 LLY: S&B cold air, s&b mouth piece, 3in wrapped dp, 5in straight pipe to 7in miter, efi live DSP5 from husker diesel switched with insight, 18in xd hoss -12 offset wrapped in nitto terra grapler 285s, tinted, smoked recon genius lights , smoked lights, Kryptonite tierods and centerlink, nicktane cat adapter-SOLD
johndeere5520 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

did they take a decibel reading? if they didn't just fight it and you will win. They cant just say that "they think" it loud they need to actually prove it. Its like pulling you over cuz it looked like you were going fast lol. That's what my cop buddy told me.
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
WAITING TO BE INSTALLED - PCV reroute, Ppe rear diff cover, inline filter kit
>>>build thread<<<
BorderlineReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnafuPossum View Post
My old car was 1 decibel quieter then a ambulance siren(what they use to rate in my county/state) and it was 10 times louder then my dmax, never got a ticket for my exhaust although I never get on it around a cop lol.
That is a weird thing to use as the base line each one of our fire engines have different ratings. Our pickups (same as an ambulance just no mod) have different ratings the command truck is running 2 100watt speakers. But most ambulances run a single 100 or 150 watt speaker. While most police cars run 2 150s around here in MI

I know up here on orv trails and the dunes they have a flat 91 or 93 dcbl rating max and my yfz is below that and way louder than my lml now maybe matted under an overpass ill get to loud

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
aFe Intake system dry filter
Ranch Hand Legend Grille Guard
parking assist sensor delete
275/70r18 Nitto Terra Grappler
Cognito leveling keys
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.