Boost fooler. Ppe valve - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:53 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Boost fooler. Ppe valve

Iv been looking into boost fools and valves for my lb7. But i cant seem to find my answer. So i know with dodges you have to have a boost fooler in order to see the benefit of the boost elbow ( which is basically the same thing as a boost valve on a chevy). The boost fooler tells the computer to allow more boost before defueling and the valve mechanically blocks the wastegate to create more boost. So does this go the same as dodges on chevys. Do i need a boost fooler or is there no defueling on the duramaxes at a certain psi. I have a bullydog programmer also (not by choice. Came with the truck). If i need boost fooling. Does this programmer do it. Again i have searched. Cant seem to find an answer to this. Thanks for any help

01 Dodge 24 valve cummins 2500, 2wd, eclb, 6spd, HO, 1 ton suspension, S&B CAI, Edge EZ, Raptor 100 lift pump, big line kit, exhaust brake, 200,000 miles. 26.4 mpg highest i have ever had in a diesel, hand calculated.
roper23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

not sure if the bullydog does that but what the ppe does is fool the wastegate into thinking the boost levels are lower than what they truely are so the wastegate doesnt open until later. its not electrical at all.
hope that answers your question?
4" straight pipe, 4" Billscustomintake, PPE Boostvalve, AE 18x10s-Toyo 33x12.5s, Debadged, Leveled, Airdog 165, Autometer Cobalts, EfiLive with Starlite Diesel Tunes, ProFab Turbo Horn, 18% Tint, Recon tailgate lightbar, Recon Cablights, Sleeves.
Wishlist: smoked running+headlights, Blackout Performance trans, S467 + 60% overs, duel fuelers, Color match ERRTHANG
CRFmxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 01:23 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I know thats what the boost valve does. But is there a electrical sensor that defuels the engine when it hits a certain pressure as a second safety besides the wastegate. Basically do i need an electronic boost fooler to allow the truck not to defuel at a higher pressure like on my 24 valve dodge.

01 Dodge 24 valve cummins 2500, 2wd, eclb, 6spd, HO, 1 ton suspension, S&B CAI, Edge EZ, Raptor 100 lift pump, big line kit, exhaust brake, 200,000 miles. 26.4 mpg highest i have ever had in a diesel, hand calculated.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

no you do not need that.

The boost increase valve and tuning will allow for more boost when it is needed.

I would highly recommend reevaluating your tuning situation and consider losing the bully dog
my "build" thread
Raptor color match thread
ATP Trucks
lddrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Ya. I definately have pondered getting rid of it. I only keep it at the lowest setting. But it definately doesnt fair as well as the others iv driven. But it came with truck. So just trying to gain efficiency as cheaply as possible. Hence the researching on the boost valve and intakehorn modifications. Thank you for the answer

Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

no worries man, enjoy the truck. and yeah as far as easy LB7 mods go definitely do BIV, look into intake horn, batmowheel if you so desire, and a downpipe

get rid of that emissions bullshit too when you upgrade tuning

Autocal from ATP (what I'm running) or Kory Willis at PPEi is what I would recommend highly as far as tuning goes.

Regards,
Lee
my "build" thread
ATP Trucks
Old 04-03-2013, 02:31 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

ya. I cut the CAT off. have looked into deleting or at least shutting off the egr and rerouting the pcv. I know that EFI you can shut it off, but that's pretty expensive. trying to talk a friend into going half and half on buying it since it comes with two trucks. how do you like Autocal, I have never even heard of that tuning program? thanks for the help.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

The Autocal is just one way to load EFI tunes onto your truck. I personally went with a pretuned ECM from ATP with a DSP5 +- 350 bucks all said and done. It was the most affordable option for me and I don't have major upgrades budgeted in the near future to need a handheld

Autocal tuning is+- 650 bucks

V2 +- is like 1100 or so with tuning, but you can use it on multiple trucks and with different tuners tunes.

My EGR is just blocked with a 11 dollar plate, and tuned out with Rob's tuning. PCV reroute is a good idea/
my "build" thread
ATP Trucks
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

So you bought another ecm or sent them yours for 350?

Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

No need to reroute Pcv on lb7 .. I have my EGR turned off and I have a plate for it but I haven't put it in but just shutting off the EGR in Efilive got rid of a shit ton of engine lights . I will soon install the plate though too . EFILIVE via Kory or Rob is the way to go . I live in Cali as well and I hope you have that cat or your gonna be ed come smog time . I bought a cat delete pipe with the flange for mine and a cat back exhaust with no muffler . That way I can remove the cat delete pipe and put the cat back in for the inspection .
4'' lift
GEAR Double Pump wheels
Nitto Terra Grapplers
WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED I'LL BE THE OUTLAW !!
DIRTEEMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.