turbo horn question - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

turbo horn question

so im looking at getting a profab intake horn and been reading abut them on here but I see something about a wire loom mod.. can someone tell me what this is and how can I fit this turbo horn on
2003 lb7 cclb 4x4 leveled on h2 rims with goodyear duratracs 285-70-17 - 4 inch diamond eye turbo back with 5 inch mbrp tip - FTE resonator (zero cab drone) - S&B CAI with dry filter - Efi live with dsp5 switch - spyderauto projectors - autometer phantom 2 boost gauge - glowshift egt gauge

other ride- 1989 toyota pickup, 3.0 v6, 5 speed, 4 inch lift, 33s, never seen a winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsdiesel View Post
I can't wait to get underneath It and start tearin shit offffff
dmax28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

bump
2003 lb7 cclb 4x4 leveled on h2 rims with goodyear duratracs 285-70-17 - 4 inch diamond eye turbo back with 5 inch mbrp tip - FTE resonator (zero cab drone) - S&B CAI with dry filter - Efi live with dsp5 switch - spyderauto projectors - autometer phantom 2 boost gauge - glowshift egt gauge

other ride- 1989 toyota pickup, 3.0 v6, 5 speed, 4 inch lift, 33s, never seen a winter
Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

anybody?

Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 03:05 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

just push the wire for the intake heater a bit forward... Also to fit it you need to install 2 of the screw supplied onto the two lowest bolts on the turbo housing and then slide the horn from top to bottom. If you look at the horn you will see that the flange on the horn is cut out to do this slide in. Then once in you just insert the top bolt. Also you may or may not have a gasket, while doing mine, I had a gasket and it was torn form emoving the stock horn. used a razor to clean up and inserted a new gasket.
LB7 Dually 3500 CCLB with Lincoln Diesel Injectors, Ready Lift leveling keys, ProFabTurbo Horn, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, BD Performance Manifold, Banks 4" Exhaust, Banks Big Head Waste Gate, PPE boost valve, 235/75/16 stock wheels 1.5" spacers all around, Ghost Fuel pressure gauge 0-60psi, EGT, Boost, DSP5 Key Switch, Moonshine EFI tunes, High Idle MoD, Nictane Adapter with 1r0750 filter, ATP Sleeves, COGNITO Braces
DF DRW CLUB MEMBER #177

My Build/Info Thread
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/01...b7-engine.html

Last edited by franks71vw; 11-12-2013 at 03:08 PM.
franks71vw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

so all u have to do is push the intake heater wire out of the way

Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 03:28 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax28 View Post
so all u have to do is push the intake heater wire out of the way

Yup, I would inspect you fuel hoses in the valley, since doing my injectors, I found two of them off the CP3 that were cracked and ready to leak. FYI
LB7 Dually 3500 CCLB with Lincoln Diesel Injectors, Ready Lift leveling keys, ProFabTurbo Horn, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, BD Performance Manifold, Banks 4" Exhaust, Banks Big Head Waste Gate, PPE boost valve, 235/75/16 stock wheels 1.5" spacers all around, Ghost Fuel pressure gauge 0-60psi, EGT, Boost, DSP5 Key Switch, Moonshine EFI tunes, High Idle MoD, Nictane Adapter with 1r0750 filter, ATP Sleeves, COGNITO Braces
DF DRW CLUB MEMBER #177

My Build/Info Thread
Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

thanks for the help bud

Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 04:46 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

No worries good luck...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
DF DRW CLUB MEMBER #177

My Build/Info Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.