p1404 egr help - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

p1404 egr help

OK my buddy has a 03 LB7 with a TST programer and he is getting codes P0380 and P1404. Can take care of the P0380 but need help with P1404. How can we fix the problem? Put a blocker plate, but then how to get rid of code? Full delete? Where to buy the kit? Or just buy new parts and replace the bad ones keeping it stock. Thanks for your help and insight, need to get this taken care of.
Quadzilla S2 on 90hp, 4" Turbo Back MBRP, Banks Ram Air Intake, Transgo Jr Shift Kit, PPE FPRV Shim Kit, PCV Reroute, Resonator Plugged, PPE Fuel Fittings, EGR Blocked, Fumoto Valve, BFxenon HIDs 6000K in Highs and Fogs, Ready Lift Leveling Kit w/Blocks and tie rod sleeves, N-Fab Nerf Bars, B&W Gooseneck Hitch, 8'6" Stainless Steel Fisher XtremeV Plow

DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource

www.AlligatorPerformance.com

www.performancetruckproducts.com
duramax-upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

my PPE programmer took care of any egr codes i threw.. Do you know why he is getting those codes in the first place?
Studs
AD 165
Zone 6"/35s
DIESELbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 05:43 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Yeah do you have emissions testing there? Id get EFI and be done with it.
GMC '04 2500HD SLE CC D/A LB7 SB Summit White, LineX, Nicktane, JK headlight harness, JK fuel pump and harness, Banks exhaust, EFI Live, intake horn mod, Suncoast 6 speed conversion, injectors at 112,265 (#8 again at 136K), ...and all 8 again at 168,368.
VW '02 Jetta Wagon TDI 6 spd ERF manual, DLC520 Bosio nozzles, Malone stage 2.
VW '01 Bug TDI 6 spd ERF manual, T-4 injectors, Malone stage 2 tuning. My FUN summer driver.
Fuel mileage? Who cares, its a diesel.
audiomixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

no emissions testing here. He really wasn't looking to spend money on efi so not sure. He said the check engine light came on the other day and he brought it over and i scanned and those are the codes I got
Quadzilla S2 on 90hp, 4" Turbo Back MBRP, Banks Ram Air Intake, Transgo Jr Shift Kit, PPE FPRV Shim Kit, PCV Reroute, Resonator Plugged, PPE Fuel Fittings, EGR Blocked, Fumoto Valve, BFxenon HIDs 6000K in Highs and Fogs, Ready Lift Leveling Kit w/Blocks and tie rod sleeves, N-Fab Nerf Bars, B&W Gooseneck Hitch, 8'6" Stainless Steel Fisher XtremeV Plow

Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

P1404 means that the EGR is not closing properly. Could be over boost in access of 25psi or perhaps one of the solenoids is stuck open and not shutting off the vacuum to the EGR valve or the EGR valve itself is screwed up. This system is a nightmare. Is the truck lacking power or smoking more than usual? The only fix is to diagnose the system and repair it or EFI live to disable it. There is no way to cheat the system without getting a code. In your case if you decide to disable it, use a blocker plate for insurance. LLY blocker plate will work.
Somewhere on this site there is a schematic with pics if your buddy needs it.
GMC '04 2500HD SLE CC D/A LB7 SB Summit White, LineX, Nicktane, JK headlight harness, JK fuel pump and harness, Banks exhaust, EFI Live, intake horn mod, Suncoast 6 speed conversion, injectors at 112,265 (#8 again at 136K), ...and all 8 again at 168,368.
VW '01 Bug TDI 6 spd ERF manual, T-4 injectors, Malone stage 2 tuning. My FUN summer driver.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

No the truck isn't lacking power and doesn't smoke any. If he decides to block the system is there anyway to disable the code without EFI?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

i have the same code along with a couple others and was told that i need efi live to take the code out after i did a egr delete kit or just deal with the code or check engin light butt i didnt get a check engin light did you block the egr if not i have my used one for sale dealer wants 300 for a new one ill take 125 for mine shipped
04.5 ccls sb LLY 4" MBRP exhaust from turboback AFE Bladerunner mouth piece, edge insight CTS monitor, ddm HID hi/lo de down pipe egr delete pcv reroute bills custom stage 3 intake,tow mirrors,billet fuel door,tie rod sleves. BD exhaust manifold .dsp5 buit tranny tune from duramaxtunner thanks to Nick&Bob1-815-861-5807[/COLOR].built tranny g max pac 5 thanks SHANE!air dog 165

Last edited by JMootz; 03-01-2011 at 05:59 PM.
JMootz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 06:00 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

JMootz, so you put the egr delete and didn't get the code? Where did you get you egr delete kit?

Old 03-01-2011, 06:09 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

no i still get the codes of p1404 p0401 and p0405 that come up on my edge insight cts butt no check engine i had husktorf diesel do the egr delete they said dont worry about the codes unless you want them gone then you need efi or a diesel shop/dealer to into the ecm and tell the ecm its blocked/deleted
04.5 ccls sb LLY 4" MBRP exhaust from turboback AFE Bladerunner mouth piece, edge insight CTS monitor, ddm HID hi/lo de down pipe egr delete pcv reroute bills custom stage 3 intake,tow mirrors,billet fuel door,tie rod sleves. BD exhaust manifold .dsp5 buit tranny tune from duramaxtunner thanks to Nick&Bob1-815-861-5807[/COLOR].built tranny g max pac 5 thanks SHANE!air dog 165
JMootz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2011, 06:53 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

The point is you will get codes. Will it hurt performance? No. But if you want to do away with CEL and codes, EFI live is about the only way to deal with it. There is no kit.

Last edited by audiomixer; 03-01-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.